PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk2 PeeWee: big enough for two kids or more?

chrissyhowie
02-28-2004, 06:25 PM
How much more stuff do you need to carry in your diaper bag when you have more than one child? I really want a Timbuk2 PeeWee bag, especially after Sarah (mamahill) posted those great pictures (thank you so much for the effort!). But what size to get, especially now that we've got one more on the way?

I know the medium El Ocho would probably be more realistic, but that PeeWee seems like such the perfect size since I'd probably carry it for long after its use as a diaper bag had ended. I tend to be a light packer to begin with, so the PeeWee looks like it would be the perfect size for one with a little room to spare. Am I kidding myself that I'd be able to carry all the various stuff I'd need for two in there?

Any insight on how much stuff you need carry around with more than one child would be greatly appreciated too :)!

wendinbill
02-28-2004, 09:11 PM
I just got mine yesterday..same one as Sarah. I am using the diaper bag for one child. I carry:

4 diapers
wipes
changing pad
socks
onesie
outfit
antibacterial hand gel
baby wash
lotion (both travel size)
washcloth
peewee pads for public changing stations(4)
plastic scented bags for disposing of diapers(4)
set of plastic links
cell phone
wallet
check book
chapstick
vaccine schedule
pacifier
keys
nursing pads (2)
maxi pads/tampons

I just can't believe how much this thing holds. Truly amazing. HTH!!

mamahill
03-01-2004, 08:36 PM
First of all - CONGRATULATIONS! Did I miss an announcement? Probably, but hey, happy pregnancy to you.

Second, if you promise to be a very good packer, you can get by with the PeeWee:D. LOL, seriously, I think you could probably do it. I guess some things to consider is for how long you're going to be out with both children, and what things you'd need to take. Early on, newborns don't really require more than a couple diapers and a back-up outfit (that I actually just left in the car). Also, as Chloe gets older, you'll find yourself bringing less and less. Usually a couple diapers and a snack bag are all I really need. If I'm going to be out for the day, like a field trip with DH on the weekend, then we'll pack more, but the extras I sometimes pack separately (like a bag of toys/books separate).

I think the PeeWee should be just fine, but you might want to email Beth (egoldber) since she has the El Ocho. Ask her what she thinks. I don't think that bag is *that* much bigger than the PeeWee, and the extra room might make you feel better. Of course, it might just provide an excuse to pack more. I guess you can only pack what you have room for!

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them as best I can:). Congrats, again!

chrissyhowie
03-02-2004, 01:32 PM
Sarah,

Thanks so much for the congrats! I didn't post a formal announcement -- just kind of added the news onto my signature. I fell off the face of the earth during the first trimester, so it has been very nice to feel like myself again over the past couple months :)!

I think you've told me *exactly* what I needed to hear! My only other real life frame of reference was my sister who always carries around a ginormous knapsack filled with absolutely everything that one can think of (plus a few things that one would never think of) for her two kids! I'm a minimalist at heart, so I promise to be a very good packer ;)! That PeeWee is calling my name! Custom Bag Builder -- here I come! Thanks again!