PDA

View Full Version : The Diaperbags.com Sale is ON NOW!!! here are details!

etwahl
02-29-2004, 03:09 PM
The moment you've all been waiting for is here!!! I just got the email from diaperbags.com with the following information:

The Baby Bargains co-op is now live on the DiaperBags.com site. It has a special page that is not visible to anyone other than the Baby Bargains co-op. Here is the Baby Bargains URL:

http://www.diaperbags.com/store/html/Baby_Bargains_Sale/1.html

The Loom Pricing is $15 off the price of each bag (Sale Price $115 vs
Regular price $130) or save $30 off the cost of a bag and clutch (Sale Price $120 vs Regular price $150). We are still awaiting photography on the bandicoot and avocado marsupial. But we will be adding them to the sale within the next day or two.

There are currently 29 bags on 3 web pages from Loom, Oi Oi, and Sally Spicer. If you do not find the right fabric or color that you want from one of these vendors let us know and we can special order it for the promotional pricing. Just send an email to [email protected] with your request.

The Loom and Oi Oi bags will be on special from Sunday, 02/29/04 thru
Sunday 03/14/04. The Sally Spicer bags will be on special for a slightly shorter time...Sunday, 02/29/04 thru 03/07/04.

Thank you so much for all of your assistance and we look forward to the promotion.

Happy Shopping!!! AND please post what you are planning to buy!

I am going to get the loom with clutch ($120) MOST LIKELY in red, but i'm also debating the Sally Spicer in North Beach or South Beach!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

jec2
02-29-2004, 03:20 PM
I guess that makes my decision that much easier. But, poop, I kind of wanted the purple swirl Mothership.

sbjf
02-29-2004, 03:25 PM
YEAH!!!! Thank you, TAMMY!!!

I'm going to order the Red Loom Marsupial with matching Watermelon Clutch for $120...a lot better than $150! Dh just rolled his eyes over this price, rather than telling me I'm crazy and it's not happening!

My totally hip NYC friend Gail said that "Red is the new black; it goes with everything.", so I'm going for it since I do like it so much.

I'm soooo excited!

jec2
02-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Kinda sad no Fluerville's but that would have just made my decision that much harder. I think I am getting:

Loom Green Marsupial (olive) w/clutch

and maybe a

Sally spicer dragonfly tote

cvharris
02-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks for arranging this Tammy!

ETA: I ordered the red marsupial and matching clutch! :)

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

khakismom
02-29-2004, 06:42 PM
Thanks for all your effort and hard work on this Tammy! :)

I am thinking about the blue Bandicoot with the avacado clutch, but also debating the merits of the Oi Oi Dot Messenger and the Sally Spicer Backpack or Tote in South Beach! Too many choices!

DDowning
02-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Great job Tammy! Thank you for all of your hard work on this.

Do you know what the BB price will be for the new Bandicoot? I read somewhere that the retail was going to be $110, just curious what the discount will be.

Thanks again!!!

TaChapm2
02-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Anyone know where I can see a picture of the Loom Marsupial bag on the inside. All the pictures I find just show it closed up. I love it in red.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)

jasabo
02-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Someone posted pictures of their Marsupial packed up, and she used the Baby Bargains book for size reference. I can't remember the thread - maybe someone else does? I think it was a size comparison between two different bags. It should still be on this page, if you look through some of the old posts. They're great pictures - very helpful.

Lisa

ETA: here's the thread link:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=3194&mesg_id=3194&page=

jasabo
02-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Yay!! I'm going to get the Marsupial and clutch, though I think I'm going to wait to see the Bandicoot pictures first. I may want that one instead....decision, decisions... Either way, it'll definitely be a Loom for me.

I'm so EXCITED!! Thank you Tammy! And thank you diaperbags.com!!

Lisa - mom to 8 month old twin boys

etwahl
02-29-2004, 08:07 PM
deidra, i don't know the pricing on the bandicoot. i will let you know when i do though!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

tmwalters
02-29-2004, 08:26 PM
I need to see pics first (and, of course, know the price!) but I'm pretty sure I'm getting a red Bandicoot with the safety orange clutch.

Thanks for arranging this!

partyof5
02-29-2004, 08:35 PM
I just wanted to say "thank you" to Tammy for organizing this. Now to make a decision on what to buy.

~Cindy mommy to...
Isabella (11/1999)
Sophia (10/2001)
Ethan (4/2003)

etwahl
02-29-2004, 08:40 PM
you're welcome! it's exciting, because i just placed my order for my Red Marsupial with the clutch. i just can't wait to receive it!!! good luck deciding.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Momof3Labs
02-29-2004, 08:42 PM
I wasn't going to order, and then I read that you can tuck a laptop in the inside pocket of the Loom - oh, my, now I might have to get one because I can see the life after baby!! But I'm holding out for the info (and colors) on the Bandicoot...

kthomp
02-29-2004, 11:15 PM
I was just looking at the link and it said "Marsupial with matching clutch", but I didn't see anywhere which clutch you would be getting with each bag. As far as I know, there isn't one that goes with the black or the robin's egg. Does anyone else know? Did you get to choose your clutch?

etwahl
02-29-2004, 11:22 PM
as far as i know the matching clutch would be in the same color. e.g. black black, black clutch; blue bag, blue clutch. if you are concerned, you can email them though with any questions!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

kkb99
03-01-2004, 12:18 AM
Oh no! I had almost decided Loom Marsupial or Timbuk2, but now that I see the Oi Oi pink striped messenger... I love that pattern!! And the Sally Spicer dragonfly backpacks look so cool! But I don't need a backpack. Stop looking stop looking!! LOL!

Kristen

emmiem
03-01-2004, 12:55 AM
I want the Sally Spicer North Beach backpack and now I am eyeing the Loom marsupial in red or red/turquoise. Anyone see the turquoise in RL? How bright is it? Would this bag go with black or khaki?
Michele

jec2
03-01-2004, 01:07 AM
Yikes, I haven't seen it in real life but this is the one that is delaying me from placing an order for the olive/moss bag. How close are you to getting the red/turquise one? It is so sassy and fun. But, the moss one is classic. Ugh!

Eloise36
03-01-2004, 07:52 AM
Tammy,

THANK YOU for organizing this! I;ve been trying to find a more stylish backpack, and the Sally Spicer Dragonfly backpacks are perfect :)

- Louise and James (9/29/03)

twinmama
03-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Totally OT, but I'm also a Lisa with 8 month old twins. Do you think the Loom bags will be big enough to use for twins? I have a big ugly canvas bag that I use right now, but I would love to get something cute instead.

DDowning
03-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Thank you!

celfsh
03-01-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm debating about the red/turquois one, too. So funky and fun! But I wonder how "loud" it is? And what I would wear it with?

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

jec2
03-01-2004, 01:36 PM
i did just wind up ordering the moss. I figured one can't go wrong w/ aclaasic color like that. Let me know if you w/the red turq. combo, however.

countrygrrl
03-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Tammy,

Thank you so much for setting this up!! I just ordered the Red Marsupial with matching clutch!! I am so excited!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Countrygrrl
Baby #1 EDD 4/29/04

todzwife
03-01-2004, 02:21 PM
:( I want one but DH would have a FIT! Enjoy those beautiful bags for me!

coffeemug230
03-01-2004, 03:37 PM
I ordered the moss too! I can't wait to get it!!!

Does anyone know where diaperbags.com ships from??

jasabo
03-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Oh, that's too funny! I don't suppose you live in AZ? It'd be fun to get our kids together.

Right now, I have a BabyBaks backpack - not cute at all, but very functional. I've been using that as my only diaper bag, but I'm tired of hauling it around for quick trips, like running to the store or mall. It's really bulky and doesn't fit in my stroller basket. So I'm getting the Loom bag for quick trips. I would imagine the Looms probably aren't big enough for long trips, though I could be wrong. Maybe if you pack lightly and are nursing so you don't need to carry formula, etc., you could swing it. You could always return it if it turns out to be too small.

Lisa

tina-t
03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm holding out for the bandicoot. I love that you can use it as a messenger bag or as a backpack.

Thanks a lot Tammy!

nursemom
03-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Hi Tammy,
Thank you once again for setting this up! I have been mooning over the red marsupial bag for a few weeks now, and now I will actually own it in a few days! DH is happy to have saved $30, I am happy to have my dream bag, and hopefully Baby Roberts will be happy to have a stylish and oh-so-efficient Mom! I'll let you know if this is true when he/she arrives in July....

Suzanne

DDowning
03-02-2004, 09:36 PM
I've been holding off on the co-op because I was considering the Bandicoot. Well, I just got a reply back from Diaperbags.com that said that the bandicoot will not be part of the co-op.

ETA: Copy of email received from Diaperbags.com

Sent : Tuesday, March 2, 2004 3:57 PM
To : Deidra
Subject : Re: Questions RE: BBB sale

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the Bandicoot will not be a part of the Baby Bargains promotion as we first thought. We will however have it available to purchase within the next day. It will retail for $110. Actuals shipments will begin in early-mid April.

> Hello There!
>
> Can you tell me if the Loom Bandicoot will be part of the sale and if
> so, what the discount will be?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Deidra

kathsmom
03-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Oh, no! I have been pleading with DH all day long to let me get a new diaper bag! I told him that I really wanted the Bandicoot and that it would be around $100 or less, so I guess that I won't be getting it. :(

Oh, well, maybe I can get an Ella bag next time around, even though I really want the Bandicoot or the Petunia Pickle Bottom from the co-op that Sandie organized. DH doesn't want me to spend $100 or more on a diaper bag. Hmmmm, maybe I could get the SkipHop, since that is a lot less than $100!LOL!

Thanks for letting us know that it won't be a part of the co-op since that is what I have been waiting for.

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
03-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Hmmm? Where did my original reply post go? Well, I think it SUCKS that the Bandicoot is not part of the co-op. If I read the original e-mail from diaperbags.com correctly, they were only waiting for the pictures, then it would be added to the co-op.

Maybe we could get them to change their mind if there's enough interest? Who else would have bought the Bandicoot?

--Jennifer

hardysmom
03-02-2004, 11:45 PM
I emailed about the photos of the Avocado Loom... the images won't be available for a couple of wweeks, though they will try to post a swatch... I imagine it would be tricky to pre-sell an item totally sight-unseen. Maybe that is part of the problem.

Stephanie

sarahfran
03-03-2004, 12:04 AM
I'm right there with you. I too was drooling over the Bandicoot, told myself it might be within the ball park if it was less than $100, and am now wondering about the SkipHop.

Although if I'm really honest with myself, I'm pretty happy with my diaperbagless existence. I've been using random large purses with no problems to date. 'Course, DS is still small, so diapers, toys, extra clothes are all manageable.

Will I find myself wanting a "real" diaperbag as DS gets older??
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

Jeanmick
03-03-2004, 12:49 AM
Me! Me! Me! I would have bought it. The Marsupial is a bit too big for me. I'm really bummed. I don't get it. I would have bought their new product "unseen" for a decent discount. :(

Oh well, I'll just have to purchase the Skip-hop.

cvharris
03-03-2004, 01:15 AM
Tammy,

Please post pics of our red marsupial and the clutch when you get it. I'm wanting to see what the lining looks like. Thanks!

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

twinmama
03-03-2004, 11:45 AM
I live in VA, but if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'll look you up!

I think I might go with one of the Looms. I love the detachable clutch and I need something for quick trips. Now I just need to decide which color...decisions, decisions!

DDowning
03-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Despite the dissapointment that the bandicoot wasn't part of the co-op after-all, I still want to thank you for all of your time and effort dedicated to this!!!!!

Just felt I needed to say that. :)

etwahl
03-03-2004, 12:09 PM
thanks deidra, that's really sweet of you!

i'm sorry that some of you are disappointed about the bandicoot, and to be honest, i haven't talked to them directly about it, but i do know they are probably going to do promotional discounts in the future (and they are planning on adding more diaper bag brands in the future) so maybe when they are organized with the bandicoot, they will do something with it.

anyway, sorry about the disappointment to those who wanted one, but keep yoru fingers crossed for a future discount on the bandicoot. i will actually enquire for you all, even though i don't want one myself.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

khakismom
03-03-2004, 01:41 PM
I was holding out for the Bandicoot too. :( Oh well...

But I am thinking real hard about the Oi Oi Black Dot Messenger Bag that's backordered a month. :) Just maybe...

jasabo
03-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Well this is just weird! We just moved here from VA! We lived in Ashburn Village, but before that I lived in Old Town Alexandria before I got married. I grew up in NoVa. We'd had enough of the winters though. Last winter just did me in. WAY too much snow for me!!

Small world!!

I was really hoping for a Bandicoot, but it looks like they're not part of the co-op, so not sure what I'll do. I really like the detachable clutch too. Have you checked out the ISM's and Ella bags? I just received the Ella I ordered, and it's REALLY cute! Very well made. I think they both make matching "mommy bags" though they don't have the wrist strap like the Loom. That's a really nice feature.

Anyway, like you said...decisions...decisions...

Lisa

jasabo
03-03-2004, 03:19 PM
Sorry the Bandicoot's not included - that was my top choice. But I'm still considering a Marsupial.

Thanks for organizing this Tammy!

Lisa - mom to 8 month old twin boys

boys2enough
03-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Hi, Tammy, just want to thank you again for organizing. Although I am also eyeing the Bandicoot, your efforts and time and hard work is greatly appreciated!

Hope you enjoy your Red marsupial! :) And don't forget to share pictures with us here! Lin

celfsh
03-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Sarah--

I'm debating between a couple of different bags, and whichever I choose will actually be my first "real" diaper bag. I've always just used large purses in the past (in general, I prefer the look of a handbag/purse as opposed to a "diaper bag"), but now that DD is a toddler, I've found myself needing to schlep a lot more stuff around, and the purses simply aren't cutting it anymore. So...I've decided I need a new (read: bigger!) bag--now the problem is which one! Or course, your experience might be different, but I just thought I'd let you know how things have worked out for us. HTH a little!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
03-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Thanks Tammy! I've also e-mailed diaperbags.com to ask that they reconsider including the Bandicoot into the co-op, as there seems to be so much interest. I know I was ready to buy it sight unseen.

Even if the Bandicoot doesn't come through, thanks for all of your hard work!

--Jennifer

tina-t
03-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Too bad the bandicoot is not included. I may just wait for April to see if I still want to pay that price for a diaper bag!

Thank you for organizing this Tammy!

Eloise36
03-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Too bad the Bandicott is not included in this sale because that was my first choice too :(

Thanks for organizing this, Tammy!

nathansmom
03-05-2004, 04:32 PM
I ordered the red Loom. Dh wants to thank you for helping me spend our money. Did you get my email?

valdivan
03-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Does anyone know if they can get the marsupial in the avocado green, instead of the moss green? And thank you to Tammy for setting up the co-op!

Ann
EDD 3/18/04

hardysmom
03-08-2004, 12:17 PM
I ordered the Marsupial in Avocado. Swatches are on the last page of the sale site, but the photography of the actual bag won't be available for a couple of weeks. Click on the color swatch and go to checkout.

You can pre-buy at the co-op price, but they won't ship until mid-April. Also, there is not a matching clutch, but you can choose from any of the other clutch colors.

Stephanie

jec2
03-08-2004, 12:20 PM
I am pretty sure you can. I would just email diaperbags.com and ask because I "think" you are supposed to mention that in the "comments" section but am not sure.