PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what the organization is like on the Oi Oi messenger bag?

celfsh
03-01-2004, 03:01 PM
I am debating between that one and the Loom, courtesy of the Baby Bargains co-op! Also, anyone know if the Oi Oi has an adjustable strap? And if you've seen both IRL, which one would you recommend size-wise? I'm thinking the bigger the better because my current bag is overflowing--even DH is demanding I get a new one. (Well, okay, if you're gonna twist my arm...LOL!)

Maybe I'll just get both? :)

TIA!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

khakismom
03-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Celeste, I don't have the Oi Oi Messenger, but from Web site, it looks like the strap isn't adjustable. Also, the bag looks VERY similar to the Fleurville Mothership, and it doesn't have an adjustable strap. But I am eyeing this bag too and I would love to get a peek into the inside of it! :)

houseof3boys
03-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Me too! I hope someone has pics of the interior. I love the black one with black dots that is on back order. :(

jec2
03-01-2004, 06:01 PM
I test drove this bag the other day. But, Finn started crying and had to wip out the boob in the middle of the store. However, as I recall, it does have pockets arranged much like the loom and mothership. It isn't as deep (measuring from front to back) as the mothership or marsupial so I knew it wouldn't work for me.

khakismom
03-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Thanks Juliet! What was the fabric of the bag like, do you remember? And did you like the lime interior, ie, could you find stuff in it? :) TIA!

jec2
03-01-2004, 10:06 PM
As I recall, the interior of the pink striped Oi Oi is or red, so yep, you could see things in it. I do recall that I did not like the changing pad, which is so large it cuts diagonal from say the bottom left corner up across to the top right corner of the bag. I am sure unrolled it is large and nice, but it took up a lot of space in the bag.

The outside of the bag...um, maybe like a microfibre or nylon, but I cannot recall perfectly. I also believe there was an outside pocket in the back but I might be confusing that with the Mothership, which I know has one there.

Sorry my memory is so foggy. I hope this info helps. I think it is a really cute bag, just a wee too small for me and Finn.

celfsh
03-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Okay, so the Oi Oi is definitely smaller than the Mothership and the Loom? Because, according to the diaperbags.com website, the Mothership and the Oi Oi have pretty much identical measurements--just goes to show that you never know until you see them IRL. Thanks, Juliet, for the info!

Ugh! I still don't know what to do, though. I like the functionality of the Loom, but the black and white flower print on the Oi Oi is calling to me...

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

jec2
03-02-2004, 06:02 PM
I know, their patterns are so cute. The depth (from the front to the back of the bag) is smaller than the Mothership. Plus, with that darn huge changing pad, it really made the interior tighter than the mothership. That extra inch or so of depthness offered by the Mothership is what I need.

But, you could buy a couple different bags and then return what doesn't work--but the postage almost washes the discount then, I know.

Calmegja2
03-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Could you take the changing pad out and use another, smaller one?

celfsh
03-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I could really use the extra depth, too. That is part of the problem with my current bag--it's too narrow.

But so the changing pad on the Oi Oi isn't attached or anything, is it? Could you just take it out to make more room? I usually pack disposal changing pads due to the space issue.

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

jec2
03-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Yes, you could definatley do that!

sarahfran
03-05-2004, 01:43 AM
Thought I'd bump this up... didn't see an answer on the adjustable strap question. And I'm curious to know if anyone has tried the OiOi messenger style. Wondering if it's comfortable, etc.

I love the blackdot one with lime interior. DH will probably cancel our internet service if I buy another thing, but as others have mentioned, Mother's Day IS just around the corner...

I'm pretty new to carrying a d-bag, so I'll go ahead and ask this foolish question-- do you guys wear them much, or are they parked in/on the stroller most of the time? I'm having a little trouble getting my mind around carrying a heavy bag in addition to (much of the time) a heavy baby.

That said, momma loves her accessories.
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!