PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a Petunia Picklebottom Co-op?

spa
03-01-2004, 06:59 PM
After seeing how successful the Britax and Sally Spicer/Oi Oi/Loom Co-ops seem to be, I approached a neighborhood friend who owns a baby boutique here in NYC. She said she would be willing to set up a special code to offer all Petunia Picklebottom diaper bags (MSRP $138) for $110 + free shipping. She has quite a bit available for immediate ship, and anything she doesn't have in stock you would get in approx. four weeks. If you are *seriously* interested, please post, so I can arrange a weekend when the code would be available on her site. I am not trying to take away from the current diaper bag coop, which I think is an amazing deal. But I noticed some women were interested in the PP bags, which is why I reached out to my friend.

myllam
03-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Hi,

Would your friend be able to include the toddler tote? If so what would be the price? I fell in love with the PPB shrimp and avocado fabrics, but can't justify buying the full diaper bag since DS will hopefully be out of diapers soon.

Thanks!

Monica

spa
03-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Hi Monica, Yes -- all of the PP bags (boxy backpacks AND toddler totes) would be included for $110 + free shipping.

Jenni-ca
03-01-2004, 07:53 PM
I would also be interested in a toddler tote. I have a backpack/messenger diaper bag which I love, and would love a tote also.

Thanks for the possibility.

spa
03-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Great! That makes two of you interested in the toddler tote.

spa
03-01-2004, 09:07 PM
I forgot to add that she has the black, avocado, red, mango and a few others in stock. The rest would be on order.

myllam
03-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Hi Sandie,

Thanks! I was just wondering since the MSRP for the toddler tote was less, so I wasn't sure if the toddler tote was included. Thank you for verifying that they are, and for setting this up!

Monica

emmiem
03-01-2004, 10:16 PM
I would be interested in one. Maybe the backpack but maybe the mango tote.
Michele

the5howards
03-01-2004, 10:37 PM
I am really intrested in the Spring Roll backpack

tapr
03-01-2004, 11:01 PM
I would be interested in the bam bam backpack. Does anyone have a photo of the inside? I am wondering how it compares to the Loom in terms of size and pockets.

DDowning
03-01-2004, 11:13 PM
ME! ME!

My sister is due in May and has been after me forever now for a Shrimp Backback. I'm been scrowering ebay but with shipping and tax, I might as well buy it from an online site. $110 would be great!

Any chance that your friend can also include the PP blankets in the co-op? They retail for $69 but any discount on top of that would be preferrable!

Thank you for offering to coordinate this!!!!!!!

spa
03-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Ah, really, it is? She was figuring a 20 percent discount, but maybe she didn't take the toddler tote's lower MSRP into consideration. $138 - roughly 20 percent = $110. I just did a search and noticed the MSRP of the Toddler Tote seems to be $126. I'll double check with my friend and report back tomorrow. I think she needs at least 25-30 sales for the deal to be worth her while.

spa
03-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Actually, she did mention the blankets as well, but since this is the diaper bag forum, I wanted to keep it easy. One more thing for me to ask her about!

khakismom
03-01-2004, 11:44 PM
Oh yeah, count me in for a toddler tote. Either the Hamptons or the Cucumber Roll is calling my name! :)

spa
03-02-2004, 01:53 PM
If you are trying to figure out which PP bag is right for you, check out the company's official site

mik8
03-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Count me in too with the sunset dragon roll toddler tote.

spa
03-02-2004, 04:24 PM
UPDATE:

Here is the pricing info:
Boxy Backpacks will be $110 shipped
IN STOCK are:
Sunset Dragon Roll
Avocado Roll
Shrimp Roll
Mango Roll
Jaguar

DISCONTINUED: Land of the Lost
OUT OF PRINT RIGHT NOW: Bam Bam, Cucumber Roll

AVAILABLE WITH SPECIAL ORDER (3-6 weeks)
The Hamptons
Yacht Club
AND
Toddler Totes will be $100 shipped
Blankets will be $55 + shipping (but FREE SHIPPING with any $100 order...)

DDowning
03-02-2004, 04:39 PM
THANK YOU!

Please put me down for a Shrimp Backpack with matching blanket! How do we go about placing an order?

spa
03-02-2004, 04:46 PM
The retailer is still trying to figure it out. It's not a strict 20% or 15% discount, so she's trying to determine how to administer the codes. Either that, or there will be a window when you can call in or email in the order. I will let you know ASAP.

khakismom
03-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks Sandie, this is awesome! Quick question on the Cucumber roll. Is it out of print on just the backpack, but available in the toddler tote? Or is is discontinued for both? Thanks!!

spa
03-02-2004, 05:42 PM
She didn't specify, but I think she meant only the BB Cucumber. Also, she actually mentioned there was ONE Cucumber TT, so I could ask her to hold it, if you want. She says she doesn't have many TTs instock, which is why I said all would be SO'd.

partyof5
03-02-2004, 06:24 PM
I definitely want a toddler tote. Besides the cucumber roll, do you know what other TTs she has in stock?

~Cindy mommy to...
Isabella (11/1999)
Sophia (10/2001)
Ethan (4/2003)

spa
03-02-2004, 06:52 PM
So... you can all start buying/ordering your PP bags and blankets. The discount will be available from now until 3PM EST this Friday, March 5. You can call URBAN MONSTER at 1-718-855-6400 to place a phone order. Store hours are 11AM-6PM EST.

Please mention "Sandie's Bargain Co-op," so they know to give you the special price(s), which you should have handy in case you speak to someone who isn't the owner, Elissa Jane. I recommend phone orders for the Toddler Totes (Maureen, yours is on hold!) and blankets.

The other way to purchase is to go to the Urban Monster website. Click on the bag of your choice and then in the SPECIAL NOTES section of the check-out, write "Sandie's Barg Co-op." When they manually charge your credit card, they will apply the discount and free shipping. Please let me know if you have any questions and happy shopping!

partyof5
03-02-2004, 08:09 PM
First, thank you Sandie for organizing this co-op. I've been eyeing the Toddler Totes on eBay and I'm so glad I was able to purchase from an actual store.

I called and spoke to the owner Elissa and she was sooooo nice! She also had very nice things to say about our organizer, Sandie :) Elissa said I was the first caller and she's sending me a t-shirt as a "prize." I think that she has most of the Toddler Totes in stock (except for the Cucumber Roll which she's holding for Maureen and the Land of the Lost) ready to ship and what she doesn't have will be shipped in 1-2 weeks (at least for the Cucumber Roll TT, not sure about the others). For anyone who is interested she said that she is able to get more of the Cucumber Roll in the Toddler Tote, it's the backpack that may be harder to get. I went ahead and ordered a Cucumber Roll TT since it's such a cute gender neutral color. Plus, DH is on vacation next week and I don't want it to arrive when he's home, lol. http://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/contrib/blackeye/hihi.gif[/IMG]

~Cindy mommy to...
Isabella (11/1999)
Sophia (10/2001)
Ethan (4/2003)

myllam
03-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Thanks Sandie for setting this up! I had settled on the shrimp roll TT, but when I looked at the PPB website, the spring roll fabric caught my eye. Decisions decisions :)

spa
03-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Bumping up for anyone else who's interested. Also, Maureen: I hope you will call soon, since there a couple of other mamas interested in the Cucumber TT ;-)

NOTE: The comments in the SPECIAL NOTES section should be "Sandie's Bargain Co-op" (but if you wrote BARG, that's fine too!). Can we have a roll call from those who've ordered?

DDowning
03-03-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm placing an order for the Shrimp BB and Blanket as soon as they open this morning! I'd do it online but the blankets are available only through phone.

spa
03-03-2004, 12:38 PM
I just called her about the Mountainbuggy co-op, so I know she's open now.

DDowning
03-03-2004, 12:54 PM
LOL, must have been you who was on the phone because my call went to voice mail :). I'm just waiting for a call back now....

ETA: Okay, all set! My order for the Shrimp Backback and Blanket is IN! *Finally* a chance to get my sister off my back! Yay! And for a good price too! Thank you Gina!!!! :)

khakismom
03-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Sandie, I just read your post. I am getting ready to call now! Thank you so much for holding it for me!! So excited! :)

ETA: I just got off the phone with Elissa and it's ordered and they're shipping it out today. :) Thank you AGAIN Sandie!!

mik8
03-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks for setting this up, Sandie. Just placed my order a few minutes ago. Mine (sunset dragon TT)is on special order.

spa
03-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Glad you guys have ordered. I hope she gets at least 10-15 sales since she offered such a good deal :-) I'm not getting one for myself, but I may order one as a gift for a friend.

spa
03-04-2004, 01:05 AM
>
>ETA: Okay, all set! My order for the Shrimp Backback and
>Blanket is IN! *Finally* a chance to get my sister off my
>back! Yay! And for a good price too! Thank you Gina!!!!
>:)

Glad you got what you wanted :-) By the way, I'm Sandie. Gina's the co-op goddess. I'm an apprentice ;-)

DDowning
03-04-2004, 01:07 AM
Doh! Errr, sorry!

Thank you Sandie!!! :) :)

spa
03-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Just wanted to give you all a heads up that the Petunia Pickle Bottom discount ends tomorrow. Don't forget to let us know which ones you picked out!

Jenni-ca
03-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Thank you Sandie!!

After days of indecisiveness, I just placed my order for the shrimp toddler tote.

Thanks again.

Jennifer

burkesilver
03-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Just ordered a Yacht Club backpack. Thanks, Sandie.

khakismom
03-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Ohhhhh, you HAVE to post pics and a review when you get it. I am dying to see and hear about the Yacht Club fabric!! :)

valdivan
03-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Thank you so much for setting this up!!! I just came across these bags today through another BB post and am about to go to the Urban Monster website to order one!!! I can't wait - i spied the red bag (spider roll?) out and about this past weekend on another mom and have been on the lookout since - it was simply gorgeous!

Ann
EDD 3/18/04

asm388
03-04-2004, 04:39 PM
THANK YOU! I just bought the Spring Roll bag!

ajsamc25
03-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Thank you - I just ordered the shrimp roll online :-)

MS

supersparkee
03-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Thanks so much Sandie! I just ordered the Shrimp roll boxy backpack online. Boy, those pics on the UrbanMonster site and the Petunia Picklebottom site do not do these bags justice. I was able to see one IRL today and they are GORGEOUS! I just hope the fabric doesn't turn out to be too impractical...

heathkat
03-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Thank you! I just ordered a Sunset Dragon backpack and can't wait to get it!
Heather
Matthew June '02
Sam or Kate April '04

spa
03-05-2004, 03:41 PM
If you're still waffling about color choices and whether to get the matching blanket, just a reminder you should order very, very soon!

spa
03-05-2004, 05:30 PM
The Co-op pricing is now over. Hope all of you who participated are happy with your purchases! :-)

tapr
03-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Sandie-

thank you so much for arranging this. I ordered two shrimp roll backpacks. ( one for a shower gift)

I am so excited!

Tracey