PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I'm gonna do it - cart cover for 2yo

Melanie
03-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Today I shopped with a stroller and my cloth bag practically breaking my wrist b/c I didn't want Ds in a germy cart...

Quick - tell me your favorite, why and ballpark price guesstimate.

Any carts it has NOT worked in?

Thanks!

petersmom
03-02-2004, 12:58 AM
I've tried responding twice, so hopefully this goes through.
My vote is for buggy bag, work great everywhere including my favorite COST CO, shopping carts. Completeley covers the cart, so germ free!!!!

FYI DH loves it, Always makes sure it is in the car for outings to the store. Everything can be stored inside the pockets attached to seat cover, so diaper bag to carry.
The web site where it is available is:
http://www.cyberbabymall.com/h101r.html
I just love this bag!! Maybe I'll have to get another one, now that baby # 2 is here.

Hope this helps,
Stephanie
mother of two beautiful children under 18 months

JenCA
03-02-2004, 01:39 AM
I also have to put in a vote for the Buggy Bagg. It's super soft and cozy, and I love that it covers the entire seat and handle area. I bought mine for $69 at a B&M store, but you might be able to find a better deal online. HTH!

boys2enough
03-02-2004, 01:58 AM
Hi, I simply purchased one from a lady on eBay. It is in blue toile fabric, and has been working great on all sorts of shopping cart (including Sam's and double's) and highchairs. Her ebay id is jadepenni. I paid about $30, I believe.

In fact, I learned from another BBB post that she is now making a "lighter" version called Pocket-pak, and she has some for BIN $20. Here is the link to her toile version:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2382813751&category=20414&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

I just e-mailed her and was told that she will make one for me in any fabric I pick. :) I am very excited because the lighter version will be great for our upcoming trip abroad.

Good luck on your decision! IMO, any cover will be great, at least for your own peace of mind. Even DH who is not pleased with most of my purchases is very "proud" of our toile cover. ;-) Cheers, Lin

Melanie
03-02-2004, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the info. Can you explain what you mean by "lighter" version?

Melanie
03-02-2004, 03:04 AM
'nother question...do any of these have (full-time or option) the three-point harness like some of the cheesy BRU ones? I am just thinknig back to when I first bought those b/c my wobbly guy was still learning to sit but might tip on occasion.

Oops, one more question - do these use separate straps? It looks like one still uses the shopping cart straps to keep the kiddo in?

wendinbill
03-02-2004, 09:29 AM
I just bought one off of a woman on E-bay for $20!! It should be arriving today, and I will let you know what I think of it.

bnme
03-02-2004, 09:54 AM
I love my clean shopper and I just saw them yesterday at Buy Buy Baby. It was around $30. Draw back is only "kiddie" prints, if that matters to you. It has it's own strap which I weave through the cart first. Also has pockets and 2 toy loops. Goes on in a snap and fits BJs carts, too. Also high chairs, but probably would be too tight a squeeze with a 2yo (I don't use in chairs any more with my 14 mo). When I 1st got it I would use a receiving blanket for padding behing his back (he was about 9 months).

petersmom
03-02-2004, 10:54 AM
The buggy bagg has it's own straps for your child, completely self contained and I believe it has straps that you can attach to the cart itself:)

Good luck
Stephanie

JenCA
03-02-2004, 11:52 AM
The Buggy Bagg does not have a 3-point harness--just a "belt" that you can size up or down to fit your child's waist. There is also a strap on the bag that secures it to the shopping cart. I only use that strap if the shopping cart is really big (i.e., Costco cart) because otherwise, DD fits into the bag-covered seat nice and snugly. HTH!

etwahl
03-02-2004, 12:10 PM
melanie, i have the buggy bag and love it for shopping carts, but dd is getting too big to use it in high chairs. so now i'm shopping for an unpadded version - for high chair usage and for travel also!

just something to think about.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

boys2enough
03-02-2004, 03:23 PM
>Thanks for the info. Can you explain what you mean by
>"lighter" version?
>
>

it is not padded, just the fabric to separate the germs from the baby. It fits inside a little pouch. Link to her ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2382813751&category=20414&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

I just saw that it's been bid up to $30+!!!! for the toile fabric. She has other fabrics for $20 BIN.

I wonder whether there will be enough interest here to do a co-op with Penni? I am going out of the country soon so I really can't wait for a co-op. But if anybody thinks it's worth a try, you should send an e-mail to her.

HTH. Lin