PDA

View Full Version : If you could have only 3 diaper bags, what 3 would you have?

etwahl
03-02-2004, 03:56 PM
just for fun! curious what people would think would be the top 3!

right now my list is:

1. loom marsupial (on order)
2. ISM (waiting for co-op)
3. can't decide on the MUST have for the third...

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

ginamlee
03-02-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm Still Me XL for everyday
Skip Hop for travel stroller
Peg Perego Borsa XL to permanently stay hooked on to Peg stroller

ppshah
03-02-2004, 04:13 PM
I think you need one in each style:

1. Tote: either ISM or Ella
2. Messenger: Loom Marsupial in green
3. Backpack: Sally spicer in Northbeach

Hey you could get all 3 for about $300 with all the co-ops- not bad!!!

ETA: This is only a wishlist- the only one I have is an ISM

khakismom
03-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Fun thread Tammy!

If I could only have 3 bags, my votes would be:

*Fleurville Mothership
*Loom Bandicoot
*Petunia Picklebottom Toddler Tote/Ella bag (it's tie :))

Of course, this list is really only based on stylishness and not functionality since I don't own and have never used a Loom or PP IRL.

Chelsey333
03-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Well, I am new to this diaper bag obsession. I have only had 1 that I have used for the past 2 years. I have been very content with it, until I stumbled upon this group. Now all of a sudden I need more diaper bags, but baby # 2 is coming and I do need to be better organized. Kate Spade is a nice bag, but not great for organization in the inside. So my list is:

1. Kate Spade medium diaper bag
2. Loom Marsupial (on order, not even sure if it is something I will love, but I think it is).
3. If I could buy another one, which I can't, I would love to try out the Skip Hop or the Sally spicer bag.

firsttimemommy
03-02-2004, 04:30 PM
I like your idea of 1 in each style!

My choices (although I too have not "test-drove" any of these yet)

1. Loom Marsupial - larger - for longer trips and times with 2 kiddoes - and the organization sounds awesome! Want black

2. Petunia backpack/shouler bag - smaller for quick trips and when I'm only with one - and oh so stylish! Can't decide on a color to save my life though.

3. skiphop - for times with the stroller - and then I could carry an actual purse for me! (I think I still have a few of those somewhere!!! LOL) Want black (or maybe red, depending on the double stroller I get!)

I know this didn't follow the 1 in each style idea, but this is my lusting list for now. I am hoping to get the skiphop and EITHER the loom or PP in the co-ops. I also have to buy a double stroller soon, so money is tight!

Ronda
Mommy to Jenna born 1/10/03
and Jacob due 4/28/04

jec2
03-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Ok, I'm still lusting over that darn purple swirl Mothership. Should I have gotten that over the Loom? I figured they are both so similar that I only needed one or the other, but should it have been the Fleurville?

etwahl
03-02-2004, 05:12 PM
juliet, if you decide the loom isn't what you need/want, i think you can return it no problem.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

jec2
03-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Good point. I tend to have bad cases of second-guessing myself and I think DH doesn't understand what big decisions these are. He is starting to consider committing me :)

Calmegja2
03-02-2004, 05:19 PM
I think whatever the style, you always need a quick trip bag, one that can always be packed, and ready to hang off a stroller, or thrown in the cart, and whether it's a Skiphop, or a Little Tripper, or a Bandicoot, you need something petite for quick trips...

As for me, I really love my Kenneth Cole tote. It's my favorite bag in the world, and I'd get it in every color if I could.

I love my Timbuk2. I love how well it fits me, and how well it fits my strollers, and I love how organized it is.

As for the third, it rotates. I love my Little Tripper, and I love my leopard tote.

Geesh. I just love bags, so perhaps, I should just hush, cause I could go on for days! ;-)

sbjf
03-02-2004, 05:24 PM
My three:

1. Loom Marsupial w/Watermelon Clutch in Red-Ordering this on Monday. My every day bags.

2. Baby Sherpa Backpack-This one is on my baby registry at baby-outfitters.com. A good one for daddy, plus it looks like an awesome travel/amusement park/stocked in the car bag.

3. ISM Backpack/Tote Combo-Don't need this till next Spring/Summer. My beach/pool bag.

ETA: Actually, now that I think about it, I'd probably go with the Bandicoot as my third diaper bag, I like that it is stain and waterproof inside and out, I can get messy.

I'm so picky and can be undecisive sometimes, usually when I can't find THE ONE. So I am SO happy that I have found 3 that I truly feel good about.

I may skip the ISM (eta: or Bandicoot) next year if I think I don't need it, but since we were choosing 3 that would be my third if I do get a third.

papal
03-02-2004, 05:24 PM
ONLY 3...hmmm...
1. The LE Do-it-All. That is for the organized, no-nonsense woman in me.
2. My Ella (i hope it arrives soon). For the fun-happy woman in me
3. The Loom or the Bandicoot (i CANNOT decide..it is killing me)

khakismom
03-02-2004, 05:38 PM
You're cracking me up Juliet--mainly because you sound just like me agonizing over your purchase! :)

I think because the Loom and Mothership are so VERY similar, that you will probably be happy with the Loom. The interiors are identical. The main difference is that--to me--the Loom looks a little sleeker, while the Mothership looks a little more fun and funky. Just MHO. And ITA, the purple swirl is simply fab!

(Fleurville now has wrist clutches and I *must* find one in the stripes to match my Mothership. DH is going to throttle me!)

jerseygirl07067
03-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Which Kenneth Cole tote do you have? I saw a cute blue medium size pinstriped one at TJ Maxx with a few pockets thinking it might be a nice summer bag.

Mary

JennyA
03-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Threw away my freebie and now have an ISM large and a backpack which I love. I'd even get another springier pattern but DH would have a breakdown. Oh well - The only other bag that is sort of tempting me is the bandicoot! Jenny

MamaKath
03-03-2004, 07:01 PM
1.) Ameribag Healthy Back Baby Bag
http://www.ameribag.com/products/baby.html
2.) Lands End Little Tripper (or like quick trip bag)
http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_474_43562_89159_67606_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=4724035118333123150
3.) Something cute/trendy/fashionable (I personally like the Vera Bradley Baby Bag, the Vera Bradley Carry All, or the Vera Bradley Ultimate Backpack right now)http://www.verabradley.com/ProductSummary.aspx?qs1=CLASS-100

I guess it basically boils down to a LARGE bag, SMALL bag, and a FUN bag!

JMHO ;-)

Calmegja2
03-03-2004, 07:53 PM
>Which Kenneth Cole tote do you have? I saw a cute blue
>medium size pinstriped one at TJ Maxx with a few pockets
>thinking it might be a nice summer bag.
>
>Mary

It was offered through The Right Start last year. It's red microfiber, and it's just a great shape, great looking bag, and the orgnaization inside is really easy and useful....

I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

lmariana
03-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Here's my currently own list:
1. Skip Hop in Red - my everyday, everywhere bag, we are inseparable!
2. Loom Marsupial in Black - my "I'm actually not wearing sweatpants today" bag
3. Baby Sherpa - my "we're going on a very long hike and DH doesn't mind carrying it" bag

Here's my "wish"/"will soon own" list:
1. Loom Bandicoot - anxiously anticipating, love the idea of the Joey clutch!
2. Oi Oi Blue Stripe Messenger - a "fun" messenger bag
3. Ella Bag - I have to do it because it's just too fun!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

burkesilver
03-04-2004, 02:36 PM
I also have this bag in black microfiber & I totally agree - it's such an easy to use bag & a great shape for a tote. In addition to that I have an Oi Oi hobo, Loom Marsupial in moss, and I just ordered a PP backpack in Yacht Club (perfect for spring).

HoneymoonBaby
03-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Fun thread! I'm thinking (having no practical baby experience yet, but whatever):

1. Moss Green Loom Marsupial for everyday/casual and to coordinate with my Olive Zippy (DH got me this bag for my birthday!).
2. Black Kate Spade, Prada or Longchamp for serious/dress-up days.
3. A huge L.L. Bean Freeport Nylon Tote in Black/Lilac for travel and beach/park days. Cheap, cute, HUGE and easy-to-clean.

I think that will cover it for me . . . I plan to have them all by the time the little one makes his appearance!