PDA

View Full Version : Can someone with a SkipHop compare it to another bag?

egoldber
03-02-2004, 09:50 PM
I'm wondering if the SkipHop is different enough from my other bags to justify it, LOL! :)

I was thinking of getting a new Little Tripper, but I'm wondering how this compares in size? Its a little bigger, but not tons. And how do they compare organization-wise? I need something about the size of my existing Little Tripper (which is the 2001 version), but a little easier to organize.

the new Little Tripper is 13"W x 10 1/2"H x 4 3/4"D
the SkipHop is 13W" x 14"H x 3"D

I also have an Urban Sling that I seldom (read, never) use anymore. Is the SkipHop significantly smaller than that?

And does the SkipHop stand up when you put it down? That would be a dealbreaker for me. Its one of the things I don't like about the US.

Thanks!

Calmegja2
03-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Here's pictures with a Loom for comparison...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=2163&mesg_id=2163&page=2

It doesn't look like it stands up on its own, but hopefully, someone can clarify. The newest LT does....

lmariana
03-03-2004, 09:44 PM
Yay! Those are my bags!

Yes, the Skip Hop does not stand up on its own. I don't really mind though, because the canvas is more tough than the Loom's fabric, so I'm not worried about getting it messed up. I believe the S.H. is also machine washable, but I'm not sure about that, I know I wouldn't hesitate to toss it in the wash though.

I can fit a lot more stuff in my SH, but the organization is better in the Loom. The Loom's contrasting lining also makes it easier to find things, unlike the SH's mostly black interior. But honestly, I use my SH more, because of the stroller attachment and overall greater capacity. Oh, but the Loom is so pretty! You'll win with either of these bags in my opinion.

I'm in Disney World right now and even my husband is loving the Skip Hop because neither of us have to carry anything, and we still have the basket open. Yay!

I've never seen the Land's End bag, so I can't compare it to that one, but I like it's light blue lining.

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003