PDA

View Full Version : Is the Loom Marsupial too dressy for me?

cvharris
03-03-2004, 10:57 PM
DH says I can get one pricey bag as an early Mother's Day gift. I need a large everyday bag because I am a heavy packer, and I'd like a messenger style. I can't decide between the Timbuk2 and the Loom Marsupial. I was just about to order the Marsupial but then wondered if I would be able to really use it everyday since my daily SAHM wardrobe is pretty casual, usually jeans and a t shirt, or athletic wear. If I were still working, I'd grab the Loom in a heartbeat, because it looks so great. Currently, I use an Eddie Bauer catalog backpack (this is DH's bag and I've discovered that I don't like backpacks) and I mostly use the Little Tripper, which is too small for me. I have a couple of nice diaper bag totes (ISM and Ella) that are really only used on Sundays or when I have a dressier occasion.

So, what do you all think? Could the Loom be an everyday type bag for me or should I go with the more athletic looking Timbuk2?

TIA!

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

sbjf
03-03-2004, 11:02 PM
I plan to use the Loom Marsupial daily, too, and my outfits range from athletic wear to jeans/khaki's tops to dressier stuff occasionally. I didn't think it would be too dressy for me. I think the pics on the Loom website showed the Marsupial being worn with regular everyday clothes. Both bags are really cute though, so I don't know what to tell you! Maybe just go with whichever one you like the best I guess!

jec2
03-04-2004, 12:20 AM
I think it's an accessory that you can wear for dress-up or dress-down days. I am a jean/cords and t-shirt/oxford type of gal and won't hesitate to use it even on my work-out days.

HoneymoonBaby
03-04-2004, 11:23 PM
I personally would not use the Loom for anything but jeans-and-sweater days. Don't get me wrong, I love the bag (it arrived this weekend!), but it's HUGE and not dressy at all -- more rugged/functional with a classy edge. If I needed to be dressed up, I'd use a black Kate Spade or something.

cvharris
03-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Sounds perfect, then. Thanks! :)

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)