PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bjorn Clamshell bag feedback?

kijip
03-04-2004, 05:27 AM
Considering buying this bag for two reasons:

-Want bag that I can't stuff full- the harder sides are appealing

-Like that it stands when open

Does anyone own this bag and like it or hate it? Hard side alternatives? I must, must, must have a black bag. I have the Combi Urban Sling and like it ok but I stuff it full so it gets bulky. I want something that is medium to small size.

wdland45
03-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Had it, hated it, sold it.

I had to have this bag. Thought I would love the hard sides and the self standing. Well, the hard sides were a PITA. I couldn't fit it in the basket of the stroller because it wouldn't smoosh. Hanging off the handles, the bag stuck way out and I ended up hittng it with my legs. The stands while open thing was a negative as well because you couldn't just open one side, the bag flew completely open. You couldn't just reach in and find something. Also, because it was so big when opened, there isn't a changing table in the mall that will fit this bag and your child. Finally, it is really heavy empty. When you pack it - it's a back breaker. If you want something smaller, maybe you should look into LE Little Tripper. I have a few of them, and they are small and light. If you have any other questions, please ask. HTH.
Dani

Calmegja2
03-04-2004, 09:31 AM
I use this bag as my stay in the car bag, and I love it for that (I used the adjustable strap to tether it to the car's driver's seat), and it's stocked with extra diapers, first aid kit, extra toys....all the things you might need when out and about. I love how it opens for that, and the organization is great.

It's heavy to carry, though, and I have used it a couple of times hanging off my MBUD for a long trip, but it's just not so portable. The hard sides look sleek, but they're kind of like a weapon, when the weight of the bag causes it to swing around.... ;-)

kijip
03-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I am still in search of a smaller bag that I can't stuff (The combi urban sling loses its nice sleek shape pretty fast when full..)...but I think I will likely pass on the Bjorn since I will be walking with whatever I end up with A LOT. Also I am not sure it will fit in my gym locker...making it pointless for me. Anymore positive or negative feedback on the Bjorn would be welcome. Other small bag idea would also be super. I will look at the Little Tripper on the Land's End site today.

jerseygirl07067
03-04-2004, 05:00 PM
I actually use the Nine West baby shopper tote. I LOVE the size. I think I'd like to find a stylish backpack of the same size as I'm not sure I'm much of a tote person. It's 9.5 inches wide x 12 inches tall x 5.5 inches deep. My friend just bought one at TJ Maxx for 29 bucks, which is what I paid for mine about 6 weeks ago. I believe there are a few on e-bay too. I actually can fit a lot in it - 4-5 size 1 diapers, wipes case, disposable camera, rolled up receiving blanket, spare outfit, 2 breast pads, mylicon, 2 disposable changing pads, desitin ointment, 2 rolled up plastic grocery bags, a small bottle of purell hand sanitizer, and my wallet on a string. I exclusively BF currently so I don't need bottles, but there are two wide elasticized bottle pockets, one on each side. I just put my bottled water and keys in there.

Also the inside is a gingham plaid so it's easy to find stuff. Plus it's stylish to boot!

HTH!
Mary