PDA

View Full Version : My last question on shopping cart covers - snazzy or buggy?

tigalig
03-04-2004, 05:45 PM
I am still thinking of having a cart cover made to coordinate with my new ella bag because it's my mother's day treat and I'm very excited about our baby girl (currently waiting overseas). I was sold on the buggybagg until snazzy told me that they could do a custom fabric one too. Will those of you who have either of those cart covers comment on what you like/don't like? It seems (from the pictures that I have seen) that the buggy is more padded and the appeal to the snazzy is the gorgeous fabrics, but if I'm paying for custom made anyway, then which would you recommend? Any insight and advice will be appreciated.

Ida

P.S. I also ordered a thin cover ($20) from Penni at sewinguptreasures on ebay for my toddler son and that should be arriving next week.

heidi_timms
03-04-2004, 06:48 PM
I like my Snazzy, but their prices have gone way up! I would really only spend that much for the silky fabrics they carry or cute vintage prints. The silkies are definitely eye catchers though. She has added some new features to her covers recently, which may be why prices have gone up?

On another thread, someone was saying that their Buggy bag was too thick for some restaurant high chairs. I see that as a problem, but I don't have a buggy bag though so I can't verify that!

Have you tried Covers4kids to see if they would do a custom cover for you? I just ordered one as a gift and she gives great service, plus, it folds into it's own carrying bag. If I didn't get a silky cover, I probably would have gotten a Covers4kids. People rave about them on the boards.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

ghs517
03-04-2004, 09:19 PM
I'd second the recommendation for Covers4kids. The customer service was fantastic!! I wanted a black cover to go with my Vera Bradley attire/bags. I ended up getting their black Mary Engelbreit (sp?) pattern that was a close enough match that I still feel coordinated when I head to Kroger, LOL! The owner replied to my phone and e-mail inquiries within a day. I get compliments on the cover wherever I go.

Just a thought!
GHS, mom to Bella

kensjen
03-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Oh Wow, I just went to the Snazzy site, and saw how much the prices went up. OMG, $98 for a seat cover?? DEFINITELY go with the covers 4 kids. I got one for my SIL and it arrived very quickly, is so adorable, and folds up into it's own bag. On the other hand my snazzy seat took forever, and the customer service is really lacking. Especially when you consider the prices. JMO!

houseof3boys
03-05-2004, 12:49 AM
That is a lot of money for a seat cover. I like my snazzy but don't love it although the new features that she added might make me like mine more...but not at almost $100. Yowza.

I would get the covers4kids or the one on ebay with the chenille added for $8 (I think that is what Linda/liya said it was).