PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wear their Skip Hop as messenger bag?

casey118
03-05-2004, 01:26 AM
You ladies have got me dreaming of yet another diaper bag purchase! The skip hop bag looks great to use with a stroller, but do any of you use it as a messenger bag? The messenger bag style is currently my favorite, but this looks like it would be bulky to carry that way. As always, I appreciate all your insight!

Kimberly
Momma to Jack Henry

sarahfran
03-05-2004, 01:28 AM
I'd like to tag onto Kimberly's question... Do you find the SkipHop to be so deep that you get the black-hole effect? (ie stuff gets lost down there)?

Is the fabric stiff or at all supple?

Thanks!
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

Jennymarie
03-05-2004, 02:46 AM
I'm interested in the answer to this question too. I've done no research on diaper bags at all. I love the idea of having a diaper bag that I can strap to the stroller if need be, and I'm totally intrigued by the Skip Hop. But is this the most practical design for regular diaper bag?

What about the size? Is this considered a full-sized diaper bag, or a "litle tripper" that you can use instead of a purse when running out to the grocery store, etc.? Seems like it might be something in between...

yellowdogmom
03-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Oh, I hope some ladies respond...I'm really interested in the Skip Hop too!

missliss55
03-05-2004, 02:33 PM
I have wondering the same thing. I would like to wear it as a messenger bag.

Melissa and Emma (4/16/03)

loewymartin
03-09-2004, 03:46 PM
I asked in the Co-Op post - check over there to see if anyone responds! I'm curious too...I wish I could see one IRL :-)

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

lmariana
03-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Yes, I can easily and often do wear the Skip Hop as a Messenger bag. It's really not that bulky because it isn't horribly deep. It's pretty narrow, so you don't feel like you're carrying around a sleeping bag or anything. The strap isn't padded though, unlike a Loom, for example.

The canvas is not stiff, but it's not slouchy either. If you've seen a Loom, it less stiff than that, but significantly more stiff than a basic Ella. Think Jansport backpack canvas, only a little more rigid.

The bag is pretty tall, and yes, it does tend to have that "black hole" effect, especially since the lining is primarily black. On the plus side, it has some great organization with the two external pockets and the two zip-top pockets at the top of the bag. I put the smaller, more easily lost items in these pockets so that I'm not digging.

Ummm, I think that answers all the questions! If not, feel free to ask some more!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003