PDA

View Full Version : Received my Loom, not sure if I like it, can anyone suggest different bag?

Chelsey333
03-09-2004, 02:24 PM
It is a nice bag, but I don't think I love it. For the money I paid, I want to love it. I got mine in black. This is a minor thing, but the silver holes on the strap are bugging me, just not my style. The inside is nice, and very organized. I will need this bag for a 2 year old and newborn, and this is probably a great size. Can anyone suggest a bag that is similar (to size, has great organization) for 2 kids? I was wondering if the Skip Hop might be a better fit for me or an Ella. Any help would be appreciated.

lmariana
03-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Have you looked into a Fleurville Mothership? It's a similar bag, but the strap is not adjustable and it is covered in vinyl. It's a very pretty bag overall, and if anything, it's a little larger than the Loom. www.fleurville.com

I believe Diaperbags.com is pricematching a 10% discount on all Fleurvilles.

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Chelsey333
03-09-2004, 04:08 PM
I just filled the bag up with all the essentials I will need when baby is born and this bag is awesome for organization!! The amazing thing is, it feels lighter than my regular diaper bag (which only has my 2 year old's stuff in it). I think the only thing that I don't love is the silver holes on strap. But all and all, I really can be an organized mom with this bag. So I will probably keep it. I did look at the Fleurville, and it is a very nice looking bag. So if this doesn't work out, I will check out that or the Skip Hop.

Mariana, do you use the changing pad with the bag? It is kind of small, and I wasn't sure how well that worked out. My changing pad now is huge, but I think it also adds a lot of weight to my diaper bag.

Also, do you use the pouch the brown pouch that came with it, and what do you use it for? Thanks! btw, with all of my reading up on diaper bags on this site, I realized that you have a ton of them, you lucky girl!

lmariana
03-09-2004, 04:44 PM
I do use the changing pad, but not very often. It's so rare that I actually have to do a diaper change while on the road. The size works well for Gabriel, but I don't know how much longer I'll be able to say that!

If I'm out without a changing pad, I just put a spare (clean) diaper or burp cloth under his head to keep him comfy and then keep his tushy lifted off the changing area.

The little brown bag is for "dirties". I find myself using it for soiled burp cloths and bibs. I also carry the disposable diaper bags from Sassy. They have a strong baby powder scent that I'm not crazy about, so if I'm visiting a friend and do a diaper change there, I'll put the dirty diaper in the Sassy bag and then put all that inside the brown dirties bag, just to make sure nothing gets too smelly anywhere!

I like the Loom changing pad better than the Skip Hop one, only because it's easier to get in and out of the bag. The Skip Hop one is larger, but I have a harder time putting it away.

Right now, I have three diaper bags that I use and abuse: Loom, Skip Hop and an Ella "Elaine" Tote. They are all super and have their unique strengths. I also have a Baby Sherpa backpack, a gorgeous Tote Le Monde for sale, an Oi Oi Messenger on the way, and an Alpha 7 on the way. I am definitely becoming a Diaper Bag connoisseur!

I was a purse-aholic in my pre-baby life, so hubby had already come to terms with it. I occaissionally get a "stipend" to support my habit, but I also work part-time from home for some "mad money". :) I'm toying around with the idea of taking m hobby and going professional by opening an online Diaper Bag Boutique, so we'll see!

It took me about a day to get really excited about my Loom, but now, we're practically inseperable!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003