PDA

View Full Version : Land's End Deluxe Backpack Diaper Bag

urquie
03-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Does anyone know how big the removable day bag is on the Land's End Deluxe Backpack? Is it anywhere near the size of the Little Tripper Diaper Bag? I'm considering getting both... unless the backpack will do both big and small jobs. Thanks for any advice!

Kimberly H
03-10-2004, 10:29 PM
No, it's nowhere near as large as the LT bag. It's maybe 6-7"wide by 4"high and only an inch or so thick - it's in the nursery and Mia's asleep so I can't check and am going by memory :(

That said, it's big enough to hold MY stuff on a day outing (cash, cell phone, debit card and lip gloss) as well as a diaper, couple of wipes and a bib for Mia. The strap is long enough to go across my plus-sized body so I wore it messenger-style in China. The outside organizer/Mom pocket was GREAT!

urquie
03-14-2004, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the info... looks like I should still consider both.

Do you know if the insides are light or dark colored? Thanks!

Kimberly H
03-14-2004, 10:21 PM
The insides are light blue - it's SO easy to see inside and grab what you need.

Vajrastorm
03-15-2004, 01:20 AM
Kimberley,

What do you think of the Land's End Deluxe backpack overall? I'm considering it for an upcoming 2 day trip. (Flying to another state) The bags I have now are tote style and wouldn't be any good on a plane.

Are you pleased with the bag?

Kimberly H
03-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Andrie, as you've probably read before, we used this backpack as our diaper bag/carryon when traveling to get Mia in China.

I like the organization of the backpack for traveling. I carried the daypack as a mini messenger tote and used the velcro pocket where it was supposed to go as a pocket for my HotSling or Mia's windbreaker. The outside bottle pockets were for one water bottle for us and one Playtex bottle for Mia. The smallest outside zipper pocket held stuff we needed to access like spare Kleenex packets, an extra set of plastic toy links, etc. The first big pocket was my workhorse - diapers, wipes, bib, spoon, extra bottle liners filled with formula and banded together, slime rag, toys, etc. It has several mesh pockets - one at the base of the pocket that runs the width of the backpack and 2 smaller ones towards the top of the bag, each taking up half the width of the backpack. The big pocket in the back was for blankie, wet bag, changing pad (we didn't use the big LE one, we used a piece of vinyl changing pad), 2 changes of clothes, etc. In the back slim pocket where the changing pad is supposed to go we held a large soft pack of Kleenex and a spare receiving blanket, as well as any papers I received - it made a good stuffing spot!

Now we use the bag as our emergency pack in the car and I can see myself using it for daytrips for me! It's one of the reasons we didn't get it monogrammed - that and I think my 15-year old is coveting it himself. :)

urquie
03-21-2004, 04:01 AM
thanks for all the advice, i just ordered both!