PDA

View Full Version : Hook On High Chairs??

lmariana
03-10-2004, 08:16 AM
I know this is mainly a Daiper Bags talk, but since it's "All Other To-Go Gear", I thought I'd post this here.

Talk to me about Hook On High Chairs. Around what age can you start using them? Are they a good item to have? What's a good brand? Any problems with them?

Gabriel is about 7 months old and loves his highchair at home, but won't last 5 minutes in one at a restaurant. So, I'm looking for alternatives for when we go out and while on vacation. He sits up very well and weighs about 18 pounds.

Any thoughts?

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

bugglemom
03-10-2004, 10:08 AM
There have been many posts about this on the Around the House board. Try a search. Seems most people like the Me Too or the Inglesina.

sweetbasil
03-10-2004, 10:51 AM
After reading raves from Beth and Flagger, we got the Me Too chair (on eBay) and looove it. Very convenient, quick, and cute, too! It does only work with certain tables- flat slab tables are best, as the clamp only expands a certain amount (I can't remember that measurement off the top of my head, but I know it's in an old post--- if you do a search for Me Too, you should be able to find it).

For reference, Charlie has been using it since 6 mo, and is now 8 1/2 mo, 22#.

HTH,

mattysmom
03-10-2004, 11:36 AM
We also have the Me Too chair and have been using it since ds was about 7 months. It folds up well and fits it the outside pocket of the LE Messenger Diaper bag. The only drawback is that it doesn't work on ALL tables (ones with an "apron")

houseof3boys
03-10-2004, 02:57 PM
We have the Me Too Chair and love it. We use it on the bar in our house and have used it out once since he normally sits in the highchair. We brought it with us on vacation and it worked great on the table and the bar there as well.

boys2enough
03-10-2004, 03:03 PM
We just got a Me-Too high chair for Gabriel (15 months old). He is a big boy (wearing and filling up size 2T), but the chair seems to still have ample space for him.

I was considering an inglesina hook-on chair because the fabric is so pretty. But I am very happy I got the Me-Too instead.
Our kitchen island/bar has very narrow edge so I was worried that the Me-Too chair wouldn't fit. But because it has the shortest "arms" amongst all the hook-on chairs on the market right now, it fits wonderfully.

So far the not-so-good things I can see are:
1. as mentioned, you cannot use hook-on chairs with flimsy tables or tables with lips.

2. There is always a mess on the floor after every meal. lol. I wish we had a dog... the dog would have been very very happy whenever Gabriel is eating. :)

HTH. Lin