PDA

View Full Version : Oi Oi Striped Messenger/Fleurville

jk3
03-10-2004, 10:14 AM
I found the OI Oi Striped Messenger, blue and pink, on sale for $89.95 on a website babybellebottoms through Yahoo shopping. This seems like a good price for the bag. It's cute but I'm not sure what it looks like on the inside and if I'd get sick of the pattern eventually. Does anyone have this bag?

I might want to get a Fleurville bag instead and would love some input. I know some people love the size of the Mothership while others don't. The plastic coating appeals to me because I think it would be a great bag for the summer w/trips to the beach/pool. Right now the paisley fabric, the pink stripe fabric and the blue chocolate appeal to me. I think I might have a hard time sneaking in some of those. DH doesn't notice everything but I think in this case he might. Any suggestions? Thanks!

lmariana
03-10-2004, 10:42 AM
I haven't seen the Oi Oi yet, but it's on it way to me from diaperbags.com. I'll post some pictures and info once it gets here!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

jk3
03-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Thanks!

jec2
03-10-2004, 02:07 PM
about a week ago we had a thread about this bag and I tried to explain the inside set-up from memory. Check back about a week ago and you should find that thread.

lmariana
03-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Okay, I got my Oi Oi bag today! I ordered the Blue Striped Messenger from Diaperbags.com, and it's going back. :(

The strap isn't adjustable and not very long. I can't wear it as a messenger bag. The exterior is all cotton. I expected it to be like a nylon. The interior is beautiful though! It's bright red and includes a insulated, removable bottle holder, a clear vinyl envelope zippered pouch, and a nice sized changing pad. It has great pockets on the inside and two side pockets on the outside. But again, the interior is all cotton. I think this bag would be a drama to clean.

So, I'm exchanging it. I'm either going to pre-order the Avocado green Loom Marsupial or try out a Mothership. At first I didn't like the clear vinyl, but now, I think I love it. I know the Mothership isn't adjustable either, but the strap is a better length.

Oh well! It just wasn't what I was expecting...

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

jk3
03-10-2004, 06:27 PM
That's too bad. It looks so cute in pictures. I agree about the vinyl coating on the Mothership. At first I thought it might be somewhat tacky but now I think it will be great for the summer. I use the Petunia Pickle Bottom backpack + love it but I'm always afraid I'll get it dirty-very practical for a diaper bag!