PDA

View Full Version : Seperate bag for snacks/drinks?

bnme
03-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Just wondering how other Moms do this.......

When I am out it seems I alawya have 2 bags.

Ultra short trips I use a 9West purse with 1 diap, Pamper Wipes Pak, burp cloth, small baggie snacks, and my stuff AND tote along bottle cooler --free Similac or Enfamil one. If its a really short trip I just toss a sippy of water in my purse but at 14 months DS is still a milk and bottle lover.

Out for the day I use my free Similac diaper bag (sad, I know) stuffed with more essentials and a larger insulated bag that holds up to 3 bottles, yogurt, and other asstrd eating essentials. Its almost the same size as the freebie.

What are you guys doing? Is there a way to avoid this? I think my only alternative is a much larger bag that would hold the 2-bottle cooler AND the snacks and that seems too big for me.

Oh, and I actually ordered the LE Little Tripper yesterday to replace my now-torn freebie bag. I am hoping I like it. Its measurements are almost the same as the one I am using but Beths post is making me a little nervous!!

:)

cinrein
03-10-2004, 02:30 PM
I do this too. I have a zippered lunch bag from Eddie Bauer that I use to bring sippy cup of milk and snacks for Anna, plus water and snacks for me. It has a long strap so it fits nicely on my shoulder or on the stroller handles. I usually bring this in addition to my diaper bag, which has maybe a sippy cup of water and cheerios, but no perishable snacks.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

Chelsey333
03-10-2004, 02:55 PM
I usually just carry my medium size Kate Spade bag, which has a pocket for juice. I stuff the bag with my wallet, 3 diapers and wipes, toddler silverware, hand and mouth wipes(small pck, only enough for 2 meals), disposable bib, disposable placemat. I still have room in the bag to bring the small cooler pack (the one you get at the hospital) to put a cup of milk and yogurt in there) - if need be, but I hardly ever do this. I would try to get your ds off of the bottle, just for convenience sake. Especially bec you are having your 2nd this summer. But that is easier for me to say bec my son hated the bottle. I just got the Loom Marsupial bag, and it really is roomy and organized. Maybe you need a bag like that to fit everything you need. I got it bec my 2nd will be coming soon and need some more organization.

etwahl
03-10-2004, 05:18 PM
what are hand and mouth wipes? that's what i need!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

egoldber
03-10-2004, 05:26 PM
This is what I usually do too. In my diaper bag I usually only carry a water sippy and non-perishable snacks. If I need to carry milk and persihables than I carry a small insulated bag as a separate bag.

HTH,

momathome
03-10-2004, 05:54 PM
You can buy a box of Wet Ones wipes at the grocery store - the wipes are individually packaged and you can thow as many as you want in your bag - they don't take up a lot of room and I have found them to be indispensible at the park and zoo. HTH!!!
-Lauren

Chelsey333
03-10-2004, 06:08 PM
The ones I buy are called WET ONES KIDS Antibacterial Wipes. They come in a small purple box and are individually wrapped inside box. You can find them in the grocery store in the same aisle as paper plates/cups, straws, etc. They are great to have on hand!

kijip
03-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Do your sippy cups/bottles have lids to prevent spills? Are the drinks perishable? I just tote along bottles with water and then add dry formula when I use it- no need for seperate cooler. If you use milk already you could try dry milk. When I was still nursing and pumping I would put the cool EBM in a bottle and go. I did not worry about ice unless we were going to be out for more than a few hours- EBM is good at room temp for a long time.

etwahl
03-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Lauren/Chelsey - so these are better than regular (butt) wipes becacuse of the anti-bacterial? thanks for the ideas!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

egoldber
03-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately, almost all powdered milk is non-fat. But I've thought about doing that in the past, LOL!

Chelsey333
03-10-2004, 09:35 PM
I have used the (butt) wipes for my hands when I have nothing else, but I don't think they are meant for it, especially your face. I just like them bec they smell good (fruity) and they say they are for your face and hands - plus they are very convenient.