PDA

View Full Version : I can get one diaper bag. WHAT do I get?? I'm so confused!

wendinbill
03-11-2004, 10:11 PM
I purchased a Timbuk2 bag a couple weeks ago & decided it's not me. I've been eyeing the Skip Hop bag, but it seems too big yet too small. (too high, too narrow) I want to carry the basics, I'm not a heavy packer. No need for bottle pockets (I hate that all diaper bags cater to bottles!!) I want to carry 3 diapers, wipes, change of clothes, a toy, etc. I've looked everywhere, yet the more I look, the more overwhelmed I am. I think a basic black bag is most practical. I don't like messenger style bags. I will wear it on my shoulder, or carry in the stroller basket. I've thought about the LE little tripper. I've looked at the new diaper totes from LE (large is too big, small is too small) Please help me!x(

lmariana
03-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Have you looked into a Sally Spicer or an Ella Tote? There are an assortment of sizes, and since you just plan on wearing it on your soulder, it sounds like a good fit.

I bought an Ella tote off of the babybags swap group and LOVE it. Very awesome bag design in my opinion! There are tons or Ella sizes, so you can get just what you need.

Sally Spicers are adorable and on sale through the diaperbags.com sale, I think.

I've also seen some diaper bags at the Gap and Old Navy. The Gap one is $40 and it's $30 for the Old Navy bag. I don't remember them being huge, so they might be a good fit. I think they're on the websites, if you want to take a peek.

Since you don't need a bottle pocket, how about just a nice new purse?? You can buy a changing pad seperately and just throw it in! The Kate Spade Sam is a classic and can really take a beating! I bought a black one 3 years ago that still looks new. The straps are the perfect length for wearing on your shoulder, I'm a huge fan. :)

Hope this helps!!!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Momof3Labs
03-12-2004, 12:24 AM
I'd suggest either an Ella Caroline bag or the LE Little Tripper - both will hold what you describe with a little bit of room left over.

parkersmama
03-12-2004, 01:43 AM
Just wanted to point out that even though you don't need the bottle pockets now (I don't either...), they do come in handy when it's sippy cup time and if you want to carry a bottle of water for yourself. :)

I agree...the Ella might suit you since you get to choose from many sizes as well as different strap lengths, # of pockets, and accessories.

wendinbill
03-12-2004, 09:48 AM
I've been stalking the Ella site for a month now! lol!! That would be MY bag...maybe when the next co-op happens, I'll get an Ella for me, and the LE for my DH. Sounds like a plan. :)