PDA

View Full Version : Another Loom Marsupial Review

firsttimemommy
03-12-2004, 07:33 PM
For those of you on the fence about a Loom order, here's my review...

I am a purse fanatic and have been through at least 10 diaper bags since DD was born. My style varies with my mood, so I like fabrics like in the Ella choices as well as neutral, plainer type bags. The Loom falls in the latter category and is just a classic choice! It stays on my shoulder well, looks so neat and streamlined and is just overall classy, IMHO. It does not look "cheap", KWIM? It "adapts" to my stuff well - I mean that when I think it is full, I slide something else in and it just makes room for it! There are lots of extra little pockets and a little bag that can be folded or smushed very easily to fit where it needs to go.

I did get the clutch, which I am not using (I just like the organization of my wallet and don't want to throw all my personal stuff in it willy nilly) but for the extra $5 I am still glad I got it - I am sure I will use it eventually.

I agree with Tammy that is it is not huge, but not small either - I packed it for both my kids (even though #2 is not due for another month 1/2) to make sure it would work and it seems to be great. I have only "USED" it once, but it was lightweight and easy to access. I did get black (red was my other choice) so it would be more neutral. I love the magnetic snaps - one pet peeve of a tote for me is that I have knocked it over and everything rolled out - not with this bag!! And I also hate struggling to get a bag securely snapped or tied or whatever - this bag there is NO problem closing it!

The functionality of a diaper bag is such an individual thing, so what works for me, may not for you. But as far as the quality and looks, I am more than pleased. Now I want a bandicoot b/c it is cute and b/c I now know that Looms are of exceptional quality! And I consider myself VERY VERY picky!

Hope that helps someone!
Ronda
Mommy to Jenna born 1/10/03
and Jacob due 4/28/04

sbjf
03-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks for such a great review! I feel even better about my choice and more excited to get my Marsupial and clutch!

I'm not due till May but I think I may start using it early just to get used to it, and because I'm excited about it :-)

bugglemom
03-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Thansk for that review. I have one question: what color is the interior on the black bag? It appears to be a tan but I'm wondering if it is light or dark. I HATE the black hole effect so I only want a bag wiht an easy to see interior.

sarahfran
03-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Another question... is there a blue logo on the front? The photo on the diaperbags page doesn't show it on the black, but does on the red.

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

lmariana
03-12-2004, 11:48 PM
The interior of the balck Loom is a brown color, not light, but not dark either. I don't have a problem with the black hole effect. I thought it would be an issue, but since the mouth is so open at the top, the lining color works realy well. :)

There is no blue logo on the bag. There is one black logo on the shoulder strap though, much more discreet than the blue front one on the green and red Marsupials.

Hope this helps!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

celfsh
03-13-2004, 12:06 AM
Great review--thanks!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

celfsh
03-13-2004, 12:07 AM
>There is no blue logo on the bag. There is one black logo on
>the shoulder strap though, much more discreet than the blue
>front one on the green and red Marsupials.

Interesting...wonder why they did that?

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

boys2enough
03-13-2004, 12:24 AM
Hi, there, thank you for the wonderful review. I was not sure about the fabric and the simple/plain look. But I do trust your taste: glad to hear that you think it looks of high quality. Now, I am obsseesing more about the Bandicoot. I am thinking Mother's Day, but I have to start working on DH and dropping hints now. :)

Cheers, Lin

sarahfran
03-13-2004, 11:30 PM
HINTS? Heck, I've already told DH that I'm in the process of choosing my Mother's Day gift. Of course, subtlety has never been my strong suit.

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

cvharris
03-15-2004, 12:19 AM
My new red Marsupial doesn't have the blue logo in the front, either, but a black logo on the shoulder strap.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)