PDA

View Full Version : Loom or Fleurville?

bugglemom
03-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Would love opinions on which is better.

Does the Fleurville close as easily with the magnetic catch?

lmariana
03-14-2004, 07:15 PM
It's been so long since I saw a Fleurville in person, I really can't remember, but I want to say it was a velcro closure. Having only seen the Mothership in person, I can't comment on the Alpha 7, but I know the Marsupial's space seems better organized and accesible than the Fleurville. A lot of people shy away from the Fleurville Mothership because of it's clesr vinyl coating, but I like it because it essentially "waterproofs" the bag. Also, the strap of the Mothership is not adjustable.

Did you know that the designer of the Loom bags co-founded Fleurville? Johanna LeFleur left Fleurville and started Loom last year. So you'll find some similarities between the two lines.

I ordered a Mothership and an Alpha 7 from missfitzinc.com recently, so I'll post some reviews in comparison to my Loom once they arrive. I believe there's a new co-op starting with pokkadots.com this week, and they'll have the Fleurvilles 15% off.

I have a feeling my Loom will win out over the Fleurvilles. It really is the perfect bag!

Hope this helps!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

JerseyMom
03-14-2004, 11:08 PM
I have an Alpha 7 and it has a velcro closure. I just ordered a Loom Marsupial, so I will be curious as to which bag I like better. I am thinking the Alpha 7 looks a smidge smaller. And that the Marsupial has more pockets. But I have really loved my Alpha 7. It has been a great bag. I got a multi-colored mostly brown corduroy that I have loved during the winter, but am craving a "spring" bag and the co-op sent me over the edge.

I would say depending on how much you pack, your diaper bag needs and expectations would better define which bag is better for you. But I also think these bags are very similar, being that one of the designers had a hand in designing both bags. It would be hard to think you might be disappointed, especially considering there are so many great reviews for both bags already.

khakismom
03-15-2004, 06:08 PM
The Fleurville Mothership closes with a magnetic catch. The interior of the Mothership is practically identical to the Marsupial. It has the back flat open pocket, the insulated bottle sleeve on the side, the 2 front pockets on the inside, and the carabiner clip. Other similarities between the 2 are also metal feet on the bottom, exterior flat pocket, changing pad and ditties bag, 2 bottle pockets at the end (the Mothership's are closed, the Loom's are open), and the non-slip padding on the shoulder strap. I am 5.11 and can wear my Fleurville as a tote over my shoulder or over one shoulder like a messenger bag.

As for differences, I think the Mothership is taller than the Marsupial. And of course, the Mothership has the clear viny/plastic coating over it.

I am super happy with my Mothership, and thus won't be ordering the Loom because they are so similar. Now the Bandicoot is a whole 'nother ballgame... ;)