PDA

View Full Version : Last minute Loom order: help on color!

lmintzer
03-14-2004, 10:27 PM
I decided today that I want to order a Loom bag (thanks for clarifying that the co-op was going on). So, I have only a few hours to decide on color.

I LOVE black bags--but all my diaper bags are black except for my ISM convertible backpack which is Ladder Abstract. I'm not too adventurous color-wise because I like things to go with my clothes (I wear a lot of black, grey, and taupe as well as some blue/green). Occassionally, I like to spice things up with some red.

So, as much as I'd like something fun and spring-like, I want it to be a really functional color.

Red is tempting, since my P3 in Synergy (hard to match color) has a red accent stripe. We also have a double Aria in Black Sable and a Techno in black/grey that are both easy neutral colors. Our MBUS is green.

The moss looks like a pretty color--are those who have it happy with it? Is it "spring-y" enough?

I'm not a print girl, so the prints are out. I'm not into avocado either.

The Robin's egg blue looks like a pretty, nice summer color, but I'm thinking it would be hard to keep clean?

So, I guess I'm down to moss green, black, or red.

Any votes? : )

sbjf
03-14-2004, 10:42 PM
I vote for the red. :-) I dress in similar colors as you with bright colored tops and accessories thrown in here and there. I have the red and it really seems to go with almost everything.

munchkinsmum
03-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Don't post too often, but I lurk a lot. I think red would be a good color too! :)

sarahfran
03-14-2004, 11:10 PM
I like all three colors. The moss is pretty and quite neutral. Red says "spunky", black says "I could be a business bag, or I could be a diaper bag." Frankly, because I like them all, I'd base some of my decision on little things like interior color and the blue logo on the front (present on red, not on black, not sure on moss). I religiously read through the threads and checked out the photos others posted-- I liked the fushia interior on the moss, the tan-ish brown in the black was fine but not "fun", and I think the red bag had a pinkish tinge.

Red spans the seasons well, and doesn't look business-y. (Not that there's anything wrong with the serious look--depends on how cross-functional you need the bag to be).

I love the Robin's egg, but I would worry about it getting dirty and if it was me, I'd always think twice about using it (and it would take away some of the fun for me).

Fear not... you can't go wrong with this decision. They're all beautiful!

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

lmintzer
03-15-2004, 01:11 AM
Thanks, guys. I ruled out the black because I just cannot justify buying another black bag. The red was so tempting, but I just kept looking at the picture and wishing it was a little less bright. In the end, I figured if I felt that way looking at the picture, I might hesitate to carry the bag (I'm a bit self-conscious about standing out). DH (who is laughing at me for buying another bag and threatening to buy a new DVD player) even thought it was a little bright, and he likes bright colors. So I went with moss green in the end. My only regret is that it doesn't match any of my strollers. But it is neutral enough to not overtly clash.

Thanks for your help. I know how silly I'm being. I'm trying hard to find ways to not think about my return to work Tuesday. : (

youngnan
03-15-2004, 01:23 AM
Have you considered the avocado with lt blue interior? There is no picture up yet, but it is included in the co-op. It won't ship till April, if you can wait. My concerns were almost identical to yours, and though I ordered the avocado, I'm still a bit torn about whether I should go with the moss instead. My only reservation about the moss was the contrasting pink-purple interior, which is pretty, but I didn't like how it is visible from the outside.

The avocado/blue looks so elegant, at least judging from the pics of the fabric on the Bandicoot. I also had concerns about keeping it clean, though it would be nice to have a lighter color to offset all the dark colors I wear. I wrote a message to Johanna inquiring about maintenance for the fabric and am waiting for a reply.

wendinbill
03-15-2004, 08:33 AM
I vote for red!! It IS the new black you know! ;) (everyone is saying that lately!)

coffeemug230
03-15-2004, 09:20 PM
I got the moss and love it! It doesn't say spring to me but is a nice change from my black bsg collection.