PDA

View Full Version : Can you stand another Loom review?

MichelleRC
03-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Oh, how I wanted to love this bag. It is actually a very well made, extremely well organized, sturdy bag, great for everyday use.

Having said that, I am just under 5 feet tall and the bag looks ridiculous on me. I am used to carrying larger bags (tote style) because I tend to pack on the heavy side, but I think the shape of the bag and the design of the strap were just not made for a small person.
When I wore the bag messenger style, it was OK but I felt like if I turned around I would whack someone standing nearby. The body of the bag kind of stood away from my body. If I wore it like a shoulder bag, the thick top part of the strap actually stands away from my shoulder, negating the non-slip effect.

I am expecting #2 in September and it would have actually been a tight fit to get my stuff, DS's stuff and new baby's stuff in there while still being able to close the flap. I felt like there was not as much inside space as I expected with the outside looking so large.
I was soooo disappointed because I love all the pockets and the magnetic closure. Oh well, the search continues.

Michelle
DS 17 months, and #2 on the way in September

Chelsey333
03-15-2004, 08:25 PM
I now have a Loom and I still love reading other reviews of what people think! I think it feeds the obsession! I am surprised you can't fit all your stiff in the bag. I feel like the bag is reallly big and I am expecting my 2nd soon too. So now I feel like I am forgetting how to pack right for the newborn! My 1st is almost 2 so I definitely pack lighter for him, but I leave a bag in the car with a change of clothes, extra diapers, wipes, etc.

I can understand the height thing also. Bec I am really tall, but if I was shorter I might feel the bag is too overpowering.

jasabo
03-15-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm sorry you don't like your Loom. I ordered one on a whim on the last day of the co-op...I'd been so good the whole time the co-op was going on, but gave in on the last day. Anyway, I've got such high expectations for it now, that I'm worried I'll be disappointed too.

Well, on the positive side, at least you get to keep shopping for diaper bags :)

Lisa - mom to 9 month old twin boys

lmintzer
03-15-2004, 10:55 PM
I ordered on a whim last night too--at about 11:00 p.m., lol! I hadn't been planning to buy this diaper bag at all. So, I'm also hoping to like it a lot (and may be setting myself up for disappointment).

Sorry the size didn't work out for you. I'm only 5'2" myself, so I wonder if it will seem too big on the outside as well. I'm hoping for roomy on the inside since I am a heavy-ish packer.

jec2
03-15-2004, 11:06 PM
I'm not big by any stretch 5'4" and I love the size. I don't think it is too big. And, I am considering still getting a mothership, which I think is slightly bigger in comparison. I hope you like yours. I am really liking mine.