PDA

View Full Version : Baby Sherpa vs Lands End Backpack Diaper Bag

jaq0000
03-15-2004, 06:10 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the Baby Sherpa Backpack Diaper Bag. It looks awesome but is it really any better than the Lands End Backpack (or Eddie Bauer)?
Thanks!
Jaq

sbjf
03-15-2004, 08:48 PM
I am registered for the Baby Sherpa because it looks roomier and more organized than all other diaper backpacks to me. I love that it has a cooler compartment for foods/drinks and I love that it has another compartment for video camera or breast pump. I didn't see these two features on any other diaper backpack so that's why I went with the Baby Sherpa.

I haven't seen either one in person though.

jaq0000
03-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Thanks for your reply Bonnie! I guess the Baby Sherpa is not very popular--only 1 response! I think I may go with it also although it is quite a bit more expensive than the others. Hopefully it will be worth it!
Jaq

sbjf
03-16-2004, 08:05 PM
I've seen it on ebay for around 70 or so new I think.

I think a few women do have it here, but most seem to use it for all day outings/amusement parks/zoo, etc. and like me some may keep it stocked in the car as back up. Would you be carrying it daily as your everyday bag? If so you may find it too big for that from what others folks have said. It's so tough this stuff isn't it?!

jaq0000
03-16-2004, 09:48 PM
It is tough! Especially since I overanalyze every purchase! This is just the diaper bag; there's also the stroller, the carrier, the high chair, well you know what I mean!

I do want a large bag and a small bag. Do you know of a small backpack? All of the ones I have seen like Lands End and Eddie Bauer are probably too big for small trips.

Jaq

sbjf
03-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Check out this thread...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=4267&mesg_id=4267&page=

Hope the link works and hope it helps some! Good luck!

KMommie
03-16-2004, 11:02 PM
I have both! They both currently collect dust though! LOL! I ended up being more of a tote bagger, myself. :)

The Baby Sherpa is HUGE. It will carry everything you could possibly need and more. I really liked the insulated zippered section down at the bottom. It fit Avent bottles nicely. And I found the bungee cords great to hold stuff like burp cloths, books etc. I would probably use it again for an all day excursion---providing that Kiki would be okay in a stroller all day. I didn't have much success wearing my sling AND the Baby Sherpa.

We received the Lands End backpack as a shower gift from SIL. After 3 kids, she had extensive experience with diaper bags. BUT, she's not too organized, and the ONE big pocket, just left much to be desired for my OCD-type DH. I still use the diaper changing pad, though...it's nice and big, soft and one side is that vinyl that's so easy to wipe clean.

HTH,

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03