PDA

View Full Version : Almost ready to get a T2, but wondering about LE new LT?

kkb99
03-16-2004, 01:01 AM
While in San Francisco, I was able to see IRL- a Loom Marsupial, Kate Spade diaper bag, Petunia Picklebottom bags, Sally Spicer, and T2 bags. It was so neat when I'd come across one, since I knew the names all from this board! Anyway, I have pretty much decided to order myself the T2 peewee, with the middle pocket. The one thing holding me back is wondering about the LE new LT. What I like about the T2 (with the middle pocket) is all the pockets- the 3 bigger ones and then all the little ones for my stuff, etc. I have heard that the LE bag is really well designed (for organization) but I have not seen one and am curious.

Before I make the leap to get one or the other, anyone have any insight into comparing them?

Thanks!
Kristen

Calmegja2
03-16-2004, 09:25 AM
I have both...what would you like to know?

The T2 PeeWee is bigger, and holds a little more, but does not have the exterior cupholders. One poster on here had a problem fitting sippies into the outside of the LT, in the cupholders (she feels it cuts into the interior storage), but I have not had that problem.

I think they're both terrific bags, and really like them both...but I'd be happy to make comparisons on specific points...just ask!

egoldber
03-16-2004, 09:50 AM
LOL! I'm the one who didn't like the new LT. Well, not like it is the wrong word, its a nice bag, it just doesn't do what I want it to do. The T2 is definitely bigger.

HTH,

wendinbill
03-16-2004, 09:54 AM
I had a T2 that I just recently sold...LOVED the organization in it! My only complaint was that I don't like messenger style-it was too heavy & too bulky for that. I didn't realize it until I was at a plaza & parked at one end, and walked to the other carrying my son & the T2. Oy, by the time I got to the store it felt like they were both about 20 pounds each! It's a VERY sharp looking bag-very sharp. Very cool, and really fit everything well! I just ordered an Ella, it's more my style.

MamaKath
03-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Beth, I have been meaning to ask you how the new one was going with the new LT. I didn't order mine as I planned, and saw the previous model in person the other day (outside only). I almost think the previous model would serve me better as I am actually reconsidering what I need in a bag for quick trips (2 diapers, 1 wipes case, 2 sippies, wallet, lipbalm, 1-2 small toys, 1 book, 2 small packs of teddy grahams). Dh wants me to get a Vera Bradley BabyBag since it is the only bag I have ever loved, but I think it is toomuch bag at this point, lol. AT least it will be by the time I make a decision! ;-):-)

kkb99
03-16-2004, 12:32 PM
What I like about the T2- the organization. My concerns- it may be too big. The bag I ended up taking to SF was the freebie bag I'd gotten last fall when dd was born. It is relatively plain black bag to carry over the shoulder (handle not quite long enough for messenger). Has one big compartment, small outside closeable compartment, small outside slip in compartment, 2 outside cupholders. When I filled up this bag, and this is not STUFFED full, it seemed really heavy to be toting around all day. It ended up working out for the trip, because I was able to carry it on the stroller for most of the time. So to my concern- The T2 peewee was bigger by a few inches both ways, than this bag I was carrying. So my thought was that if I filled the T2 up, it'd really be more than I'd want to be carrying. But the shoulder pad might really help, and carrying messenger might really help. What I also like about the T2- the purple and black colors I can pick!!

So do you find it a bit heavy/big for every day type use?

I would get both, but I'm really a one bag kind of gal. I like using one bag for every day, and then on the rare occasions that I need a bigger bag (like a trip or all day outing) I will then bring a bigger bag. I can't even remember when I needed my big bag, its been so long. So which do you prefer for an every day, run a few errands type of bag?

Is the organization of the new LT as good as or better than the T2 peewee (with middle section, and probably with attachable pouch or cellphone carrier)? I am thinking the LT is smaller- is it? By a lot of a little? Have you seen them in Sears or only online?

Thanks!
Kristen

egoldber
03-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Well, my Sears doesn't carry any LE gear, only LE clothes.

The LT is a fair bit smaller than the PeeWee T2. It doesn't offer a lot of pockets or other storage options, so the T2 definitely has the edge there.

As far as the T2 being too big, have you looked at the pix that mamahill posted of the interior of her PeeWee T2? That should give you a good idea of what it will hold. The list of what I want to carry is pretty similar to what Kath listed, and I found that the LT was just not big enough for that without being stuffed. I hate a bag where I have to unload everything to get what I want.

And I actually have a larger T2 bag, the El Ocho, that I got for a song on clearance, and I don't find it to be that heavy a bag, but that may be just me and I love messenger style bags.

HTH,

smomom
03-16-2004, 02:31 PM
since you mention Vera Bradley..... have you seen the somewhat new Carry All bag? It's smaller than the Baby Bag and could be worn messenger style. It actually has more pockets - interior and exterior - than the Baby Bag. I am actually on the fence between this bag and the T2. My 2 concerns with the T2 are that there are no sippy cup holders and that the flap would get on my nerves. The Carry All holds sippies on the outside and doesn't have a flap.

Just thought you may want to take a look at this one....

here's a link to the Carry All...

http://www.englishrose.com/vebrca.html

nitaghei
03-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Kath,

I have the previous version of the LT. You're welcome to borrow it to try it out for a while, and see if it works for you. Let me know.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

wendinbill
03-16-2004, 02:42 PM
OMG, I hadn't seen the new Vera Bradley bag until now...yikes. It's nice. I am currently carrying a Vera Villager in Americana Red. It's so lightweight! I originally bought it to use as my purse, but it's working as a diaper bag right now very well. I will have to check out the new Carry all bag in Sherbet & Apple Green! Nice!

kkb99
03-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks for all your comments! I have studied mamahills pics (SO helpful and informative), but when I saw the Peewee IRL, it was bigger than I had envisioned. As far as my big comments- my biggest concern about a bag being big is if it seemed too heavy to carry when filled. I could imagine/dream of a well designed bag that even when carrrying tons of stuff did not weigh down on your shoulder or make you feel weighted down. I am hoping that the Peewee is like that ! It could be that I've just been packing extra light and need to get used to packing for 2 again.

Thanks for you help!

mamahill
03-16-2004, 08:04 PM
I don't pack my bag to bursting, so it's not always "full" per se, but I don't have a problem with the weight. It feels just a little bit heavier than my Little Tripper. I could definitely pack it full of stuff and it would be heavier (still manageable), but I think I'm kind of minimalist in that way. I take the bare minimum whenever possible (sometimes that comes back to bite me). A couple diapers, wipes, my wallet, a couple small board books, a snack, a sippy cup, maybe a notepad (small) and couple pens. Occasionally I'll take an extra outfit (for Ainsleigh), lunch, and a book for me. It's perfectly doable to me, but I love wearing the bag messenger style and some weight is actually comforting to me - if I couldn't feel it, I might think I had forgotten it! LOL. And, vain as it sounds, it is soooo fun having a custom bag :).

kkb99
03-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the reassurance on the weight issue! I built my own T2 on the website for kicks today (without ordering) and it ended up being $100! Boy those options added up... What options did you get and recommend? The ones I was thinking of are- the middle pouch, padded thing for the shoulder strap, making the swirl black (the bag I made is purple-black-purple), and the large cell phone holder ( I need to measure my cell phone to make sure, but I'm pretty sure the one I tried in the store was the large).

Thanks so much!

MamaKath
03-17-2004, 12:32 AM
Nita,
You are awesome! I think I might take you up on that especially since it will also push me to come up for a lunch and visit with you and hopefully Neel. I will email you through our regional list to figure out time etc. tomorrow. (I know I had your phone number, but can't think where it is at the moment.) Any you want to try out from my (very lame)collection, lol. :-)
Talk soon~

MamaKath
03-17-2004, 12:34 AM
OOOH! I like that one! I am traveling to visit family, and hoping to see some of the new bags and fabrics and maybe actually decide if I should try another Vera or not. That looks really sharp! Hmmmmm. The sherbert, apple, and of course Katherine are calling my name (one more literaly by the others ;-)).

mamahill
03-17-2004, 01:12 AM
I got the middle pocket, the swirl silver, and the strap pouch. I didn't get the padded shoulder strap since the bag was the smallest. I don't know if you'd need it - I don't wish I had it. Today I put in four hard-back children's books and walked a ways and while it definitely felt heavier than normal (duh) it didn't really bother me. If I had a cell phone I'd get the cell phone holder. the options add up, but I'm so pleased with how mine turned out. have fun!

Calmegja2
03-17-2004, 09:27 AM
I switch the carrying side (which doesn't seem to make a difference), added the middle pouch, and changed the logo color. I also got the cell phone holster thingamabob.... ;-)

slknight
03-17-2004, 10:47 AM
I just bought the Vera Bradley bag this weekend. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it looks really great. Lots of pockets.

I'm also getting Wendi's T2 bag that she mentioned selling. I'll give you all a comparison between the two when I receive it and put both bags into action.

smomom
03-17-2004, 12:08 PM
A comparison between the two would be awesome! I know the VB Carry All and the T2 have a completely different look, but both of them seem very functional.

I can't wait to see what you have to say about the two of them. Thanks so much!!!!!

BTW - what color VB did you get?

slknight
03-17-2004, 01:41 PM
I got the Sherbet:

http://www.verabradley.com/ProductDetail.aspx?qs1=18637

It is very spring-y. Probably won't be using it quite yet since we just got another snowstorm! It's funny, because you're right - they are two TOTALLY different styles, but I think I'm going to like them both. I also got one of the large cosmetic cases so I'd have a "wet bag" for dirty dipes or clothes. Once I get the T2, and put them both into action, I'll post a separate thread. Oh, and Avent bottles fit in the outside pockets. :)

egoldber
03-17-2004, 09:39 PM
OK, I just noticed on the T2 site, a mew small big, the Mini Messenger. It isn't fully custom, but it is cute!!! And maybe just the right size...