PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a vera bradley carry all bag?

etwahl
03-16-2004, 02:58 PM
i've only seen the baby bag in person, and wasn't impressed with the organization. the apple green pattern is cute, and someone mentioned the new carry all is more organized. does anyone have one and can post pics of the inside of it? with it also packed with a couple bottles of water (or sippies) in the sides?

thanks!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

wendinbill
03-16-2004, 03:18 PM
I ordered a baby bag when I was pregnant, and when it came I was so disappointed because it was HUGE. WAY too big! I exchanged it for a Villager style, which I am using now & I love it. Very light, lots of pockets inside. Probably like the Ella's everyone has. I just started using it last week (bought it as a purse) and I love it. I have an Ella on order (backpack) so I'm excited about that. I love Vera's bags-I also have a Chanticleer Tote. It's big, but only one interior pocket. I want to see the Carry all in person-E-bay has GREAT deals on them all the time. I was just checking out the Apple Green myself. I think I may just order one, and exchange it if I don't like it.

smomom
03-16-2004, 03:44 PM
It has a sippy cup/bottle compartment on each exterior end. I carry Avent sippies and I could fit one in the exterior end pocket and it didn't seem to take room away from the interior when there was a sippy cup there. It also has the two flap pockets on the side (you can see those from the web pics). On the back side is a zippered (?) pocket that runs the length of the exterior. I can't remember if the interior has a waterproof lining, but it does have 2 pockets on each side for a total of 4 interior pockets. I use disposable diapers and I couldn't shove a diaper into these side interior pockets. Diapers would have to go in the body of the bag. However, I could fit my wipie holder in the interior pocket. The interior pockets would be great for skinny snacks (baggies), but there isn't enough room to shove a small container of snacks. There is no interior divider.

From what I saw, this bag would be great for short outings, but if you're a heavy packer you may not have enough room for more lengthy outings. The strap is adjustable, so you could use it over the shoulder or lengthen it for a messenger bag. The bag is not too wide and it's not structured, so you wouldn't injure someone if you swung around and hit them with it. The Sherbert color is gorgeous. I'm not normally a pink gal, but that would be one of my choices. I also like the black jasmine a lot.

Hopefully that helps.

kensjen
03-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Tammy,

If you like the vera bradley bags and prints, you will love this bag!

I ordered one about a month ago, and it was almost my perfect diaper bag! But the quilted fabric bag was just not me. I was hoping it would grow on me, I even kept it all packed up with my stuff for about a week, and I would keep trying it on, and looking at it in the mirror, but I just couldn't live with it. If it came in microfiber I would have bought 2! LOL!

It was the perfect size, I didn't feel like I was going to knock someone over when I carried it. Dana described the pockets and all for you, I loved the outside pocket situation on this bag. On the ends there are 2 pockets, like the loom, for a bottle, bottle of water, whatever, and then the front pocket has a velcro flapover with 2 cell sized pockets. In the back zipper pocket there is a key hook thingy.

The inside doesn't have a ton of pockets, a good number though. The four slip pockets are the perfect size for the plastic wipes container. Cloth diapers do not fit, maybe a disposable would... I had my wallet in one, a changing pad, and then a baggy with stuff in the other (paci, toy)

In the main area, I had 2 AIO dipes and my wet bag, spare outfit, burp cloth, small mom pouch, another toy....I think that was it. I really should have taken some photos before I sent it back. This is really a great bag to use as a diaper bag, I'm surprised they didn't market it that way. Although I guess it would be great for other situations as well...which is the beauty of it.

It is not huge, good for everyday though, I would think, unless you are a very heavy packer, or if you had several small children. I always keep a spare bag in the car with extras so I always have that just in case diaper, or outfit, or blankie...

OK, I've written a book! If you have any specific questions PM me, hopefully someone will post photos for you. (oh and the zip around wallet is AWESOME!! I kept that! It holds all my stuff, without too much bulk, highly suggest that also!)

HTH!! Are you on a diaper bag buying spree???? LOL!