PDA

View Full Version : Received my Skip-Hop.... anyone else so/so about the design??...

RiaHannam
03-16-2004, 05:33 PM
I got mine just about 30 min ago. Still staring at it..... and deciding if I'm going to keep it. Not sure how to go about organizing my stuff in there..... it's so narrow and tall. Hmmmm, I'm thinking my freebie similac bag is just as good. Good grief I must be crazy.

Perhaps it's the color I chose... Ice blue.... but thought it would be a nice cool color for the spring and summer.
It's a very unique design though I must admit. Need to try it on my strollers to see how it works in that area.
Anyone else not gung-ho about this bag?

juliekost
03-16-2004, 09:24 PM
I know what you mean about how thin and deep it is. I got mine on Friday and used it for a day trip this past weekend. At first, I had some of the same concerns you do. I wondered how it would work for me...if it would have a black hole effect. I thought when it was fully loaded it looked a little too stuffed in the main part of the purse. So I reworked it making use of the zippered pockets.

The Skip-hop ended up working great and I love it. It really has a place for everything, I didn't feel like it allowed my stuff to move around and get lost. I packed for a whole day and even used it on my stoller. I love how it worked for shopping with my stroller. It attaches so easily. I had 2 ladies come up to me and ask what kind of bag is it, they thought it was really cute. My DH loved how it looked and thought it was a well designed bag, he could even find things in it.

I bought the Cotton Candy pink color, I am worried that I will wish for a darker color to hide the dirt. I'm still debating on ordering another one for fall in a dark color.

Maybe if you try it on your stroller, you will feel more convinced it is for you. I know I love it after using it.

Julie K.
Jake 11/9/98
Jordyn 12/31/02

RiaHannam
03-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Julie,

Thanks for all that info. Can you tell me how you packed yours? I'm not quite sure how to load it up! Those half pockets on top stump me. Perhaps they are good for mommy things or such.

I kwym about the color..... you got a light one too. But I don't need another darker bag. For me it came down to the ice blue or that light gray color. Hard to decide not seeing it in person.

Am hoping to hear from others too about how they feel about this bag. And do tell how you pack it. I've never needed instruction on how to pack a bag till now. :P

ginamlee
03-16-2004, 11:54 PM
I'll be packing mine up tomorrow, as we leave for a week's vacation on Thursday.

I intend to use the shallow half pockets for my purse items; mommy stuff. The center I'll use for diapers, wipes, spit cloth, formula dispensers. I'll put bottles in the outside pockets.

(I'm typing this out without looking at the bag, but this is what I remember about it...) I'll post again after it is packed.

I personally think the design is excellent and can't wait to see how it works in real life.

RiaHannam
03-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Just bumping this up - am hoping to hear from some more of you about this.

I'm about ready to return mine - just not feeling the love ya know?

Someone help talk me out of it??!!

juliekost
03-19-2004, 12:44 PM
Hi,
Sorry it took so long to get back with you...we are dealing with a tummy virus all week...YUCK!!!!

I organized it with the large outside pocket having the Changing pad in it as well as the wipes...since they are both flat plus I use the wipes all the time for wiping up Jordyn and Jacob. I also put a small pad of paper there so Jake has doodling pages and I have it handy. I have also put a magazine or a book in there.

In the outside mesh pocket I put Jordyn's sippy of water and my cell in the cell phone pocket with a small pen. The 2 pockets on the outside I have my wallet in one and her little beanie baby in the other.

In the pocket with the zipper the largest one, I have all my baby care stuff, small sun screen, A&D, chapstick, baby motrine, wipe packets with anti bacterial, band aids, comb ...well you get the idea.

In the other zipper pocket I put my stuff, lipstick, mints, gum, perfume, envelope for receipts anything else I might need for the day.

The inside I put 3 dipers in the pocket inside and the other pocket I put bib and diaper/burp cloth (I carry this for messes not for spit up now) in the open area I had a small bottle of water and some snacks in the sassy cups. I have a small bottle cooler that I use for yogurt that fit but I usually don't carry this and it fit if I cut down on the snacks.

It works very well for me although I wish it was a little wider in the main pocket but for a bag that I need to work for 8 hour it works great.

I hope this helps,
Julie K.
Jake 11/9/98
Jordyn 12/31/02

RiaHannam
03-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Julie,

Thanks so much for you reply.... I had emailed babybox about returning it but now I am re-thinking! I think I'll get it out again and pack it up using your ideas. I'll think about it this weekend and make up my mind!!

I went to the grocery store this morning and I'm always frustrated with where to put my diaper bag. I realized that if I had the SH I could snap it to the handle of the cart (under the cart cover I always use)!! I either have to put my similac bag in the cart (which takes up precious space) or under the cart. So with this in mind and your ideas I need to re-assess my SH situation.

Thanks again for your reply. It helped me alot!!

lmariana
03-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Just for the record, my SH gets used most often at the store on the shopping cart. I totally relate about the precious cart space, and who wants to carry a diaper bag on their shoulder around the whole time they're shopping?

When I'm not using my SH, I have a Loom that has rocked my world. :)

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003