PDA

View Full Version : I'm still plotting for that %*#$ Purple Swirl...

jec2
03-16-2004, 06:14 PM
Ok, so Pokkadots is going to add the Fleurville purple swirl to the site so that it can be pre-ordered. I think DH might throw me out the window if I get this (he might not though, as he still laughs at me when he sees me drooling over it on-line). Anyhoo, I just came up with a plot to get it. My parents owe me some $ for the Costco Roundabout I had them return for me. Well, I could have my mom order the Purple Swirl for me for my b-day (in May). I can try my oscar-winning act of surprise that my mom must have been listening to me jabber on and on about the purple swirl so she bought it for me! Is it foolproof or do you think DH will see right through my plan? Is the darn purple swirl worth all this? Oh, dear lord, what is happening to me?! I'm plotting over diaper bags!

jasabo
03-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Personally, I think it's a fabulous plan. Dh will probably see through it, but he'll probably also be so darned impressed with the plan you came up with that he'll completely forgive you, and even take you out to dinner too :) Anyway, you'll have your bag, and that's what really matters, isn't it? :)

So glad to know there's someone else out there who's always trying to come up with plans to outwit their dh when it comes to shopping.

Lisa - mom to 9 month old twin boys

Chelsey333
03-16-2004, 09:17 PM
I love your plan! I am constantly trying to figure out how I can justify and fund my next purchase that I don't need. I really want an Ella now, and just got my Loom in a couple weeks ago. I too, am trying to figure out how I can work it into my plan. Hope you get it!~

bluej
03-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Well I'm not exactly plotting, but this is what has been happening for the past two weeks in my house....I have my groceries delivered, last week they gave me $70 off of $200. No problem, I can spend $200 on groceries and diapers. I spent the same amount I usually do, but got almost two weeks worth of groceries. I considered that $70 saved and hopped on over to the Ella site and ordered myself a diaper bag. Well lo and behold, they are giving me another $70 off $200 order this week! No, I don't need that many groceries already, but hey, we'll need that food in a week or two, so I ordered my groceries and hopped on over to Ella AGAIN and ordered another diaper bag! If they give me this offer again next week I won't have enough room for all of the groceries (or the diaper bags)!

jec2
03-16-2004, 09:29 PM
But, you could use the Ellas for the groceries! You are a genious. I only wish I could come up with a system like that. This purple swirl is driving me mad. And, I am hoping to get an Ella too. Please, somebody lock me out of the diaper bag forum! I never imagined to be this crazed.