PDA

View Full Version : Would anybody be able to post a picture of yourself wearing

JamiMac
03-16-2004, 08:59 PM
your Marsupial? I would so appreciate it! I am 5'3 and a little nervous about how big it would look on me!
Thanks so much!
Jami

sbjf
03-16-2004, 09:42 PM
I'll be taking digital pics of our nursery tomorrow and my 31 week belly shot, so while I'm at it I'll have dh take one of me with the Marsupial. He'll think I'm certifiable for sure, but that's ok, he's a guy, he just doesn't understand, lol. :-)

I'm a little over 5'7 so it won't be too much of a good comparison for you unfortunately but maybe it will help a little, and maybe it will help others. I'll also show it on me mesg. style which I think looks kind of silly on me cause of my height so I don't think I will be wearing it that way, but we'll see.

Personally, I bet you're a good height for it.

HoneymoonBaby
03-17-2004, 12:41 AM
Here, I hope this works.

Oops, I'm sideways in the pics! Well, hopefully you get the idea anyway. For reference, I'm 5'7". I also have pictures of me wearing the bag messenger style, but I think it looks a little awkward because I'm (sort of) tall and also six months pregnant. The messenger style probably works much better on someone under 5'4" (and without a baby belly!).

jk3
03-17-2004, 10:17 AM
The bag is bigger than I thought. You look great though!

jasabo
03-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Wow, it's bigger then I thought too. I have such a terrible time judging bag size online. I ordered my Loom on Sunday, so I guess I'll find out just how big it is IRL.

Thanks for the pictures. You look fabulous, btw!! Can't believe you're 6 months pregnant! I'm about your size now, and my twins are 9 months old :)

Lisa

JamiMac
03-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Thanks so much for the picture! It really helps to see it in "real
life" size! It is bigger than I thought it was!

HoneymoonBaby
03-17-2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks, you guys made my day! You must have been pregnant before, hehe ;).*

(*Meaning that you must know from experience the only appropriate thing to say to a pregnant woman is YOU LOOK GREAT!, not "You're so tiny, don't you eat enough to feed that baby?" or "Dude, you're HUGE!")

parkersmama
03-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Well, you *do* look great! You're a very cute pregnant gal. :)

The bag is much larger than I thought, as well. I'm really surprised! I ordered one over the weekend from the co-op. Does anyone know if they are returnable if we don't like them? I ordered the Robin's Egg blue so it won't be arriving for about a month, I'd guess.

sbjf
03-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Keep in mind that I'm 5'7 1/2 and 31 weeks pregnant. Also, these pics didn't come out so hot, but dh thinks I'm already nuts and I didn't want to be picky about them so ignore my funny looks and some fuzziness. I think mesg. style may work for me w/out the pg belly, even though it will be on the shorter side.

Dscvrlifewith3
03-17-2004, 07:52 PM
I think you look great for 31 weeks. That bag is HUGE. What do all of yall carry in those things?

What are the dimensions of that bag?

It looks very nice. The strap must be adjustable or very long?

Kim

sbjf
03-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Thanks! It's an adjustable strap and I have it on the longest setting from when I was trying to wear it mesg. style.

I don't think of it as that huge really, but I think that's because I'm used to carrying bigger purses. Plus, with the clutch, I don't have to bring the Marsupial in with me all over which is nice for when I'm on a quickie run or when I don't think I'll need all my stuff.

I like to pack everything!!!!!!!!! Lol :-)

Dscvrlifewith3
03-17-2004, 09:22 PM
OMG! You mean you carry a purse bigger than that. WOW! What are you taking with you the kitchen sink? just kidding

I made a HUGE Bag for a photographer once. I mean she told me the dimensions and I kept saying "Are you sure? Are you SURE?" It was like making a small suitcase!

I carry a mid-size bag but right now I am making a small spring bag to tote with me that is a bit funky. My neighbor carries THREE bags with her everywhere she goes, and they all have to coordinate with what she or the baby are wearing.

Kim

sbjf
03-17-2004, 09:51 PM
LOL, NO!! I can't say I've ever carried a purse bigger than the Marsupial. This is a bit bigger than my purses, yes, but it's doubling as my purse and my diaper bag so I imagine I'm gonna need all the space since I like to pack a lot just for me, nevermind a baby.