PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my Ella Josie and backpack

jayhjay
03-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Someone had asked me for pics of my Josie bag when it arrived so I am posting a few. I am actually returning it b/c it didn't turn out as I had wanted. I had requested blue bottom and ribbon trim. However, they weren't able to do that on this bag so they gave me all Roman Stone. I decided that I don't really like it with all one pattern so they are taking it back since it is not what I had ordered. But the fabric is really pretty and the blue inside they used matches really well.

I also included pictures of my new backpack which turned out just gorgeous! It is the dragonfly fabric with cabana stripe and a sage trim. I also got the diaper pad that matches. Two thoughts: 1) the vinyl on the diaper pad really wrinkles and creases. I assume this is the nature of the material and doesn't really matter for a diaper pad. I prefer having it easily cleanable so it is a worthwhile tradeoff. But something to consider if you are thinking out getting vinyl. 2) the green they use on the diaper pad doesn't really match the green inside the backpack or the trim. That is b/c she uses different fabrics for interiors (which we already knew) so the greens aren't the same. Not a big deal to me, but thought I would mention it b/c I know it can be important to some folks.

Anyway, here are the pics...

First two are the inside and outside of the Josie. Then next to the backpack so you can see size. Then some of the backpack, including the diaper pad right up against the trim so you can see the colors.

bluej
03-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Those are so pretty! I love the cabana stripe w/ the dragonfly! Good choice! Other than not liking the Josie in one pattern, how do you like it? Size? Inside? Strap length?

Dscvrlifewith3
03-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Your backpack is really pretty. The changing pad looks a little weird to me though. Maybe it is because of the vinyl.

I was telling someone today that applying vinyl to fabric is a tricky thing. Big manufacturers have machines that do it, its hard to get that same quality in smaller businesses.

I think you are going to enjoy that backpack for a long time and will get lots of compliments on it!

Kim

lmladuke
03-18-2004, 12:23 PM
It was actually me who requested that you post pictures of your Josie. Thanks for doing so. I, like you, did not know if I wanted the bag in just one fabric. The bag also looks pretty small compared to the backpack - I bet it would not hold all of my stuff!!!

YOur backpack is pretty though. I like the cabana stripe - but think the blue cabana stripe is more me. I am going to email Aimee and ask her which fabric she would suggest with it.

Thanks for posting the pics!

Lori

jayhjay
03-18-2004, 06:12 PM
As far as the Josie, I ordered the straps pretty short b/c I wanted it to fit under my arm. But I think it is too short. It fits me fine, but the bag is bigger than I expected and I think it looks a little weird with short straps on a tallish bag. If I did it again I'd get longer straps. I'd also put the snap outside instead of inside.

Inside is nice. It felt roomy to me. Someone else said it seemed small but I was looking for a little bag and it was bigger than I thought. Only negative (other than wanting to get multiple fabrics) is that it is not very stiff. For some reason, the bag seemed less dressy b/c it was so soft. I might suggest more interfacing. Or it looks like she is having a new option for purses to make them more stiff. If anyone else is getting a handbag, that might be worth looking into.

Thanks for the compliments on the backpack. Can't take the credit - I got the idea from someone else's here who got the cabana as piping and sage bottom. I just switched it. But I am really happy with how it came out. Both fabrics are gorgeous.