PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with feedback on Petunia Pickle Bottom Hampton

marinanhaydensmom
03-18-2004, 02:05 AM
Hi there,

I have seen posts where people have said that they felt the fabric of most PPB bags was delicate. Has anyone used the Hamptons or Yacht Club Bag? I would think the canvas would be more durable? Do you like it? If you have a different bag from PPB, how is it working out for you? I'd love any feedback on them.

Donna

burkesilver
03-18-2004, 02:36 PM
I just ordered the PPB yacht club backpack on the coop. Hopefully I will receive it shortly and will be happy to report back.

jasabo
03-18-2004, 04:26 PM
I saw one in a boutique and felt it (I'm a toucher - touch everything in the store as I walk by it). It seemed very sturdy to me - canvas-y, if that makes sense. I personally didn't like it because it felt too stiff to me. I like a little flexibility so I can stuff it under my stroller if necessary. You could probably do that with the Hampton, I just think it would get squashy if your basket was small. Also, I didn't think I'd find it comfortable to carry for the same reason.

That said, it was a beautiful bag - I really love the print and it's a very well made bag, of course. You might like it - I think bags are very personal. What's too canvas-y for one person is perfect for the next :)

Have you looked online to see if they're sold in any stores or boutiques near you? That's what I did when I wanted to see one IRL.

Good luck!

Lisa - mom to 9 month old twin boys

marinanhaydensmom
03-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Lisa,

Thanks. There is a store about 40 minutes away from me. I might have reason to go that way soon, so I'll try to swing by and check it out. For now, I'm going to order a bag from the new co-op by Whimsical Wares (Kim) I am SO inpressed with her customer service and the quality of her work. I have spoken with her several times over the past couple of days and she has been VERY customer friendly. (And I must say that her co-op offer is a STEAL if you ask me!) Check her out!

Thanks,
Donna

jasabo
03-18-2004, 08:39 PM
I know, isn't she great? I'm the one who emailed her asking for her website info and posted it. It wasn't more then 2 minutes after I emailed her that she got right back to me with her website info. Gotta love that! She's been very quick with responses to my other questions too. I'm a big believer in good customer service. That counts for so much in my book. I told her that she better get prepared - I think she's going to be busy over the next few weeks! I've decided to return my Loom and buy one (or two or three :) ) of her bags....much more fun to design your own, I think.

Good luck with the PP. I think it'd be really helpful for you to see it in person. That always helps me a lot.

Lisa

marinanhaydensmom
03-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Lisa,

I agree, she is really fantastic. We have traded no less than 4 e-mails a day for the past 3 days. I am astounded at her customer service!! I told her to be ready, too. I can't believe all that she is including for $45. I even asked if she was sure that $45 was enough! Anyway, I'm buying 3 for sure. One for my baby on the way, one for DS (17 months) and a backpack for my DD who is 7 1/2. I also want to get a bag that is big enough for my 2 little ones when I have them out at the same time.
I've been looking at styles and fabric for 2 days now. So many choices out there. I can't believe that she will let you chose any fabric you want!! I just don't see how she can make a profit, but I'm not complaining one bit!
Check out her new site that she created just for our co-op. She will be adding to it on Monday or Tuesday.

http://www.whimsicalwears.com/coop.html

Let me know what you pick!!

Donna

gatorsmom
03-19-2004, 02:58 AM
I've been carrying a PPB for 9 months now and love it. Mine is one of those "delicate fabric" ones. I bought the red & black chinese looking print. I havent' had any problems with the bag whatsoever. I'm ashamed to say that I really throw that thing around, too. But it is very sturdy and I JUST LOVE IT! I get complements on it all the time.

One thing I would recommend doing is scotch-guarding it before you use it. simply because it is spot-clean only. I treated it a couple of times before using mine and I haven't had to clean it yet. It still looks brand new. The backpack/shoulder strap option is super convenient. It's a great bag.