PDA

View Full Version : A NEW CUSTOM DIAPER BAG CO-OP - EDITED

mattysmom
03-18-2004, 09:57 AM
As some of you know, I contacted Kim at www.whimsicalwears.com to see if she was interested in doing a co-op for BB members - and she agreed! From April 1-21 you can Design Your Own Diaper Bag/Tote Bag with the WORKS $45.00 (including shipping!) The best part about her bags is that you can choose almost any fabric!!

For more info, visit
http://www.whimsicalwears.com/coop.html

For specific questions, you can email her at [email protected] or email me.

Hope you all have fun with this!
Ali

jasabo
03-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Wow! This is so cool! I checked out Kim's site yesterday after she emailed me and she had some cute things. I'm definitely going to participate in this. Thanks! And thanks Kim!

Lisa - mom to 9 month old twin boys

tina-t
03-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Wow, thanks Ali. I did bid on a diaper bag of hers on ebay but did not win it. This is even better. I can customize my bag!

khakismom
03-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks Ali and Kim for setting this up!!

If I can find the right fabric and the right size bag, you can count me in. :)

papal
03-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks Ali for organizing this.. now if only there was a zipper closure i would be ordering one!

kfcboston
03-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Christina - I'd like to poke around at her things on eBay. Do you know her user ID? Or Kim - what's your user ID? :)

marinanhaydensmom
03-18-2004, 01:20 PM
Hi there,

I spoke with Kim yesterday, too. She is VERY nice and responds to e-mail super fast!! I had a ton of questions, all of which she answered. She also was kind enough to refer me to one of her partners for a stroller bag (which she doesn't make) I will be ordering several bags from her (3) during the co-op. I'm just working on picking out fabric and style!
As I said, she is VERY nice, and her workmanship looks superior! I was looking at ELLA bags, but after hearing the reviews about quality issues, I've decided to go with Kim instead.
One bag I'm ordering is for my Daughter. She is 7 1/2 and I love the idea of getting her her own custom back-pack for school. She too, is very excited about picking out exactly what she wants it to look like! (Just another idea for anyone with a little girl...or boy for that matter!)
Anyway, I will post pictures for everyone once I get my bags. I'm sure I won't be dissapointed...and neither will you!

Donna

bethdg1
03-18-2004, 02:44 PM
Here is a link to her ebay auctions:

http://stores.ebay.com/Whimsical-Wears-Boutique

lmariana
03-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Ahh!!! I'm so excited!!!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

bluej
03-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Diaper bags are apparently my new weakness! I already have fabric picked out! Thanks Ali and Kim!

petersmom
03-18-2004, 03:52 PM
Count me in! I have to go through the swatches of fabric .
Don't have time right now. Got to go have a cast placed on my elbow, just broke it:( :( Silly that I'm lurking on here while I wait for appointment.

Stephanie

signsing
03-18-2004, 04:39 PM
This is so exciting! I love the Hurry Home fabric from reprodepot in the 40's section!
Now just to find a coordinating fabric.
I just sent an email off, I can't wait to participate in this. I have been looking for a new bag. Mine is just too huge for everyday use.
Thank you!
Betsey
Buddy's Mamma 6-10-2003

signsing
03-18-2004, 04:42 PM
I just sent Ali the link but I did this for the coop. My website is under construction! That is the old version. Feel free to post this link, I will add more to it!
http://www.whimsicalwears.com/coop.html
There are three pictures of interiors and the different size bags. I will take a look at the reproduction fabric you picked and see what would coordinate.

Kim

Wow what service, this reply took less than 2 minutes to recieve. Here is the email for the co-op!

I'm about to check it out right now!
Betsey
Buddy's Mamma 6-10-2003

yellowdogmom
03-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Oh Brother! (slapping forehead) I really need to stay away from this forum!!! I'm going to just *look* at some of the fabrics (yeah right!)

ETA: OK, OK, now I'm dreaming of what fabric combo and what bag...

:) Kristin
Adopting #1 from Korea
It's a Boy! Theo was born 1/12/2004!
Awaiting his safe arrival home

blnony
03-18-2004, 05:27 PM
We need to start a help group! LOL!!! But.....in the mean time...she has my fabric(or at least it seems available) that I've been wanting and everyone else told me they couldn't do!! WHOOO HOOO!!!
I'm going to have to build a new closet just for my bags now!
Thank you so much for setting this up...

heidi_timms
03-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Very cute stuff and nice selection of fabrics. I can't see the backpacks though!!! I would love to see how she designs them....

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

marinanhaydensmom
03-18-2004, 07:05 PM
Heidi,

The pictures of the backpacks will be up on Monday or Tuesday for you to look at. She will also be posting pictures of the different styles of Monogramming.

Can you believe what a deal this is???????????? An Ella Bag would be well over $100 for what she offers in "the works"!!!

I'm so in trouble!

Donna

LD92599
03-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Oh, I am in so much trouble..heck, I rarely even USE a diaper bag and my Ella backpack sits in the closet til the weekend.

BUT...Dh hasn't been feeling well, DS isn't feeling well and, well, mama could use a new bag, right?

Off to look at fabrics.......

idonotneedanewbag..idonotneedanewbag..idonotneedan ewbag!

Laura
mom to William

robmab719
03-19-2004, 12:17 AM
I seriously need a 12-step program for diaper bag addiction. Ugh. I ordered a Skip-Hop and an Ella last week. I don't really need another one, but how cute are those darn fabrics?! I've already picked out two combinations. Can't resist...what's one more, right?

MamaKath
03-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Man, the Ellas and ISM bags have not been able to float my boat, these however have sent me sailing! I have watched them on Ebay for awhile, and am so excited about this coop. Yay Kim, I'll be figuring out what to order, and excitedly waiting to check it out. I'll even add pics to my stroller site, lol. ;-)

KGoes
03-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Count me in!! Oooooooo! This is going to be fun!
Kelley
DD born 7/03

Truska
03-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Can everyone participate? It looks great!

marinanhaydensmom
03-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Hey there,

If you are on this board...they YEP, you can participate. Good luck picking out that perfect fabric!!

Donna

vividjen
03-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Hi--
I am an avid lurker and want to jump in here. Please count me in on this co-op. Should I email the owner directly?
Also, does anyone have good ideas for the fabrics? I find the choice a bit intimidating.
In desperate need of a diaper bag...
jenny

vividjen
03-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi-
I 'd love to join the co-op! What is the protocol? Also, does anyone have good ideas for fabric, etc. I am quite intimidated by the choices...perhaps that has something to do with th efact that I get no sleep (baby eats every 1.5 hours!!!) I'd love to hear about your ideas.
Thanks
Jenny

AdoptChina
03-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Sounds good to me :)
Count me in

Lynnie
03-21-2004, 10:51 AM
i e-mailed kim yesterday with a bunch of questions, and got responses in minutes... but, wanted to let everyone know that she already has all of the "early bird sample orders" taken, so the rest of us will have to wait till april to place our orders. which, actually doesn't sound so bad, since the fabric and design choices are overwhelming, to me anyway !

here is one question i forgot to ask, maybe someone knows the answer: does anyone know how stiff the bags are ? like how much interfacing or whatnot is in them... i am just wondering if they would stand up on their own when empty, or would fold over on themselves ?? if nobody knows, i will ask poor kim yet another question, but i was hoping to avoid bothering her again.

thanks in advance

todzwife
03-21-2004, 05:34 PM
I'd love to get one too - I need a pretty bag :)

Chelsey333
03-21-2004, 08:46 PM
I asked Kim that and here is the response I got:

"I make my bags to maintain their shape -- they have iron on interfacing and then they have a sewn in stabilizer. If you choose a decorator weight fabric, the bag will be stiffer, with the the cottons -- we are putting interfacing on exterior and interior with Stabilizer in between -- the bag will stand on its own but it is collapsable. You could fold my bags, pack it, and then unpack and poke it into shape and sit it upright. I do not stuff my bags to make them sit upright for pictures, when you see one sitting on the base, it is sitting unassisted. Now the Windsor, the bigger bag has double stabilizer, as does the Quantum. I would say both these bags can easily hold 20lbs. and still bounce back into shape I hope I have helped you with your questions. I know its hard to buy a product that you can't touch!"

Melda
03-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Ok So we just pick a fabric at the links she listed and she goes and gets them once we pay and makes it with that? i am new to this forum and new to this whole coop thing but i LOVE her bags ... Now will it cost more if we choose a more expensive fabric? Someone enlighten me here ... thanks ...

Melda

mattysmom
03-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi Melda,
Yes, you pick out the fabric(s) that you want from one of the sites listed on her website and decide on the details (monogramming, length of straps) and she will make the bag for you. And, I think the fabric can cost upto $20/yd or $30 for 2 yds...but it looks like most that are listed are in teh $9-$10 range. I would encourage you to email Kim directly if you have very specific questions. Hope this helps!
Ali

mom to little e
03-31-2004, 12:31 AM
Can someone repost the links to some of the places to search for fabric? I didn't pay attention earlier and now I am paying the price. I really want to get a backpack and a tote but feel like I am behind the ball making a decision about which sizes, fabrics, and features!

Sign me overwhelmed!!
...Casey

Mommy to
Ean Bennett 11/06/03

signsing
03-31-2004, 12:53 AM
http://www.thefabricfinder.com/
http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/
http://www.reprodepot.com/

They can be found at www.whimsicalwears.com

Have fun! I'm trying to decide if I want just a tote (I like the katie bucket) or a backpack too. I'm not really a backpack person but it might be handy sometimes, and they are sooo cute!

Betsey
Buddy's Mamma 6-10-2003

jcmspg
03-31-2004, 03:02 PM
>As some of you know, I contacted Kim at
>www.whimsicalwears.com to see if she was interested in doing a
>co-op for BB members - and she agreed! From April 1-21 you
>can Design Your Own Diaper Bag/Tote Bag with the WORKS $45.00
>(including shipping!) The best part about her bags is that you
>can choose almost any fabric!!
>
>For more info, visit
>http://www.whimsicalwears.com/coop.html
>
>For specific questions, you can email her at
>[email protected] or email me.
>
>Hope you all have fun with this!
>Ali

Could someone please explain this to me? I am brand-new to this site and do not know what a "co-op" is (at least for diaper bags!) and how this offer works. Thank you!

signsing
03-31-2004, 04:07 PM
Basically since you are on this list you qualify for a custom diaper bag. You choose the style, fabric etc and Kim will make it for you. There is a time limit on the deal, so choose quickly and get an order in.
go to www.whimsicalwears.com/coop.html and see all her styles. Then go to the fabric websites and choose your fabrics. Email Kim and ask for an order form. If you have any questions you can ask Kim, she's really helpful. Or ask again on this board, so far we have had some fun helping everyone decide what to get.

Have fun!

Betsey
Buddy's Mamma 6-10-2003