PDA

View Full Version : Got my Marsupial today - not thrilled

jasabo
03-18-2004, 07:31 PM
I was SO excited about getting it, so I'm really bummed. I know this is going to sound dumb, but it just looks too "diaper baggy" to me. For one thing, it's a very big bag. The strap is really wide and it's got the thick, black shoulder padding - which is REALLY comfortable, I should say. It must have gel in it or something. Very nice! But that adds to the "bulky" feel I get from it. I think I'm just not used to it, as I usually use my Elaine Ella or a backpack. Also, it doesn't sit well on me as a messenger, which is how I wanted to wear it. I think the strap must be too short on me or something (I'm 5'8 and a tad "busty"), but it's just not comfortable to wear that way (IMO). And wearing it as a shoulder bag just adds to the "diaper baggy" feeling I was getting.

It's really a beautiful bag - very well made, love the fabric (looks very sturdy and would probably clean up well), love the color (I got moss with fuschia interior), love the pockets, love the watermelon clutch... I think it's just not for me. I'm looking more for a smaller bag that I can keep a few diapers and bottles in, and can use to run up to the mall or a quick trip out.

SO! I guess I'm returning it. Unless someone wants it - I'd sell it for just what I paid during the co-op. I just got it today, still has the tags on it and I haven't used it at all. If you're interested, email me.

Darn it! I was so sure I'd like this bag! It's like the eternal quest - the search for the perfect diaper bag :)

Lisa - mom to 9 month old twin boys

wendinbill
03-18-2004, 08:48 PM
I have to say I was surprised at how huge this bag looks in the pics that were posted. I'm sorry you didn't like it! I bought a T2 recently and so desperately wanted to love it, but just didn't. Too bulky/heavy for me. I am now searching for a black microfiber backpack/sling bag. Good luck finding your perfect bag!

celfsh
03-22-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm actually returning mine for some of the same reasons. It did seem a bit too "diaper baggy" like you said. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was bugging me until you said that. :)

Also, in case anyone's interested, the material on the red/turquoise printed Marsupial (IMHO) is kind of weird--felt really waxy (almost sticky, even) due to the "coating" they put on it. The other thing that bugged me was that it is lined in brown (especially since the website makes it look like it's lined with the same color fabric as the red one). Just seemed to clash to me.

It really is a very nice, well-made bag, though. Just not really me. :)

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

jasabo
03-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I felt so dumb saying my diaper bag looked too "diaper baggy" ! :) But it really was what it felt like to me. I actually just dropped mine off at the Post Office. It costed me $9.00 to send it back - so I guess it was an expensive lesson for me. Oh well. Ya live and learn.

Lisa

burkesilver
03-22-2004, 04:34 PM
I agree, my new Loom also made the roundtrip back to diaperbags.com. Too bad, because I loved the moss color. In additon, I found it to be too small - thanks to Mariana wonderful comparison of the marsupial and alpha 7, however, I'm thinking about the latter in red canvas.