PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bag Dream List

lmariana
03-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Okay, maybe this is only fun for me, but...if you had unlimited funds, closet space, and your husband's understanding...which diaper bags would grace your collection?

:)

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

blnony
03-19-2004, 06:04 PM
well, my current collection consists of:

Combi Backpack
Babystyle Tote
Lands End do it all
Lands End Little Tripper
I'm still me Buffalo Plaid Tote
Ella Bags Elaine Tote
and probably one of these new Whimsical Wear's totes.

I would like a Loom bag and possibly a Sally Spicer too. (I hope my DH never sees this...)

lmariana
03-19-2004, 06:08 PM
For Me: (this will be long, because I'm a purse-a-holic)

1. Chester Backpack- one of the strip patterns
2. Chris Carter LA Tote- Wildflower print
3. Kate Spade Newberry Bag
4. Loom Bandicoot- probably black
5. Loom Marsupials (one in every color)
6. Timi and Leslie Bag- Green Asian Print
7. Abenbag- in Tessa or Lew
8. Bumble Bag in Mocha Stripe
9. Holly Aiken Avocado Messegner
10. Petunia Picklebottom Backpack- loving the Yacht Club and Spring Roll

A lot of these are more for appeasing my curiosity than actually fulfilling a need. :)

(As a side note if anyone has one of these for sale, do let me know!)

Mariana

khakismom
03-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Fun thread Mariana! :) Mine would include (and I've got 2 non-dipe bags in my list):

*Chester backpack in stripe
*Kate Spade denim stripe bucket tote
*Purple swirl Fleurville Mothership
*Bandicoot in blue/avacado
*1154 Lill custom Ally bag
*Oi Oi black dot messenger bag
*Green silk everyday bag from Poshtots
*Chris Carter floral diaper bag in pink/orange
*Timi and Leslie custom large bebe bag (and small triangle bag) in pink poodle

Whew... I think that's it. :)

lmariana
03-19-2004, 06:31 PM
We're totally thinking along the same lines! I am on the 1154 Lill site right now!

Mariana

khakismom
03-19-2004, 06:35 PM
Mariana, I played around on there for over 30 minutes today, trying to decide and then justify the cost!!

Mary (mharling), who has a Lill, mentioned to me last weekend that they were now doing custom designs online!! Besides the Ally, I love the Katie style. What are you thinking? :)

lmariana
03-19-2004, 06:39 PM
I don't think I can ever justify the cost...but there's always mother's day! I love the Lynn, and I'm checking out the Samantha and the Leslie bags too! I can spend all day long playing with custom bags. If only I had fabric swatches in front of me, it would be so much easier!

Mariana

AvasMama
03-19-2004, 06:51 PM
I have been lurking for awhile, but this is too much fun to resist jumping in!

Currently have:
LE small black microfiber tote
LE large black microfiber tote
Talene Reilly soda shop baby bag

Would love to add (thanks to this board!):
Bandicoot in robin's egg/avocado
Kate Spade hobo-style bag (I think it's called Roger)
Burberry Diaper Bag
Coach Signature Pink Multifunction Tote

-- Robyn

Ava 1-15-04

momathome
03-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Ooh, I want a striped Chester Backpack so bad but it is hard to justify $124 for a bag - then again, if you add up everything I have spent on diaper bags so far, it would far exceed that total! I also think the Petunia Picklebottoms bags are so cute, wouln't mind having an ISM backpack, the Timi and Leslie bags are adorable - I could go on and on! I currently have 2 ISM totes, a Baby Bjorn Backpack, 2 Tommy Hilfiger totes, and a small Kenneth Cole Backpack - all of these bags were purchased either on sale or at Marshalls (that's my justification!). The one I am using every day right now is a red Tommy Hilfiger tote from Marshalls (matches my Metallica P3) although I may switch to my floral ISM bag again soon for spring. I also have an Eddie Bauer backpack diaper bag in natural that I just ordered that I plan on using when I fly with Kasey in May - and I am hoping to order from the new coop in a few weeks...obsessed much???
-Lauren

robmab719
03-19-2004, 06:53 PM
Ahh, this will be fun. Let's see...

Timi and Leslie in Springtime Baby print
Kate Spade large Dot Noel
Petunia Pickle Bottom backpack in Cucumber Roll
Oi Oi Circle Lime Messenger
Bumble Bag in Pink Pucci

ETA...oh, and a 1154 Lill bag wouldn't hurt either.

Add these to what I already have (Ella backpack on order, Skip Hop and LE Backpack) and I think I should be all set! lol

arcoe
03-19-2004, 07:38 PM
I only have two diaper bags right now (gasp), so my list is pretty long. The top five would be:

- Coach Signature Multifunction Diaper Bag in pink
- Kate Spade Hatteras Diaper Bag (Canvas)
- Petunia Picklebottom Hamptons Diaper Backpack
- 1154 LILL custom bag
- Longchamp custom bag

I'm so excited for the 1154 LILL store that will be opening in Boston!

jk3
03-19-2004, 10:02 PM
I'd love the Fleurville Mothership in Pink Stripe or Paisley, the Alpha 7 in Blue Chocolate, the Petunia Picklebottom Toddler Tote in Mango and Cucumber and a few custom bags. I wasn't a bag person before (never even carried a pocketbook) but now that I need to carry a bag I'm pretty much obssessed!

HoneymoonBaby
03-21-2004, 01:37 PM
I just want a Large Black Kate Spade Messenger. I tried one on at Nordstrom the other day and fell in love. But $250 . . . ouch.

the5howards
03-21-2004, 10:17 PM
>I just want a Large Black Kate Spade Messenger. I tried one
>on at Nordstrom the other day and fell in love. But $250 . .
>. ouch.

Check ebay. I got an authentic Kate Spade Messenger for 35.00. The seller said it was well used. It does show a tiny bit a wear on the corners and it was Dirty. A few minutes with the Mr Clean Sponge a the dirty part was taken care of. I am using it to take to the gym these days.