PDA

View Full Version : New Skip Hop vs Healthy Back Bag

Jsher
03-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Well, I opened my new Black Skip Hop (I know, another black bag) and was at first disappointed. It is pretty narrow. And talk about the black hole effect inside!.

But, thanks to a great poster I tried arranging my things per her suggestions. I used it at Meijer's and really liked it, with some reservations. TO combat the dark inside, I am attaching a mini keychain flashlight to the strap. I am also searching for a strap pad to add on my own.

TO compare with my Healthy Back Bag: HBB is much easier to find things,more space, tons of pockets, colored interior, wonderful organization. It's design also makes it "feel" 1/3 lighter than it really is. HBB is hard to fit in a stroller basket.

The skip hop is a really unique bag. I will keep it, and switch off with my HBB ( which I love) for stroller outings.

I emailed SKip Hop with some comments, like it needs a padded shoulder strap, a lighter interior, more width and a place for one's keys. I know many others have the same feelings here. I got a very quick response. They said they are looking into adding some of those features in the future. She also asked if I would like to "beta test" new bags and products!

lmariana
03-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Yeah, it took me about a day to warm up to my Skip Hop as well. But once I started using it, I was in love!!! I have a red one for me and a navy one for hubby, not that's he's used it. :)

Have you used it at the store yet? I attaches really well to shopping carts!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

wendinbill
03-20-2004, 02:24 PM
I've been eyeing the Healthy Back bag. Which size do you have, and where did you buy it? I just ordered a Samsonite backpack, so if I am not happy with that I think I will try the Healthy back bag. Thank goodness for free returns, huh? ;)

Jsher
03-20-2004, 11:05 PM
The Healthy Back Baby Bag only comes in one size, unlike the other HBB bags. It does come in a choice of two different interior colors, red and royal blue. I have the royal blue. I really like it. The only thing I wish it has is non slip pad for the strap. That can be purchased from the ameribag site, (ameribag.com)

There was a new HBB baby bag for sale on the yahoo babybags swap group.

I bought mine from ebags, which has a 20% code, plus and additional 6% rebate if you sign up and buy thru the ebates portal (ebates.com)

the ebags code is 6359434 entered during checkout on the credit card info page.

Let me know which color you get

Jodi

Jsher
03-21-2004, 12:09 AM
I just check ebags. It appears they no longer carry the bag. Sorry. I bought mine almost a year ago from them. It is still available at other sites. You could try emailing ebags and requesting it thru the sale price.

Jodi

youngnan
03-22-2004, 01:55 AM
Thank you for the Ameribag recommendation and esp for the ebags coupon code. I just placed an order for the Ameribag messenger tote, which looks perfect for a diaper bag. I'll let you know how it works out and thanks again :)