PDA

View Full Version : One Step Ahead backpack - review

Timmersmom
03-20-2004, 08:39 PM
I am new to this forum, but I have been lurking here awhile. I have made do with freebie diaper bags, but I am due with baby #2 in July, and I would like to get more organized.

I haven't seen a review/comments on the Baby Sherpa backpack in awhile, and while I purchased a different bag, it is very similar in size, features, and cost to the Sherpa. So I thought I would post a review. It is from One Step Ahead and is called the "High Performance Backpack". I chose this over the Sherpa b/c the insulated/cooler pockets are located on both sides of the bag, rather than on the bottom, like the Sherpa. Also, the interior of the OSH is light gray.

There is a front portion with lots of compartments and pockets that zips all the way down that you put all the diaper stuff into. Included is a neat changing pad with extra padding for baby's head. Then there is a zippered section in front that is for parents stuff. Lots of neat little compartments to put stuff in there, too. Of course there's the main section which has plenty of room for change of clothes, books, toys, etc. And the aforementioned insulated zippered pockets on both sides, which are HUGE.

Here is a link to the website:

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?itemID=392&itemType=PRODUCT&lGen=detail&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=27211&iProductID=392&change=117

All that being said, after a couple of uses, I found that I am not a backpack person, and I am more interested in something like a Loom Marsupial (something I had never heard of until I came across these boards:) I think I will try to sell the OSH via the babybags swap site. I think it's a great bag, but I can't justify keeping it, esp. if I'm going to get a Loom.

Hope this helps anyone thinking about diaper backpacks.
-Elizabeth