PDA

View Full Version : Do you want my Loom Marsupial?

HoneymoonBaby
03-20-2004, 08:59 PM
PLEASE let me know if this violates any terms of the board -- I'm still pretty new here and it seems like I've seen people selling their stuff, but maybe they were just linking to other sites??? Just let me know if I'm offending anyone, okay?

Anyway, I asked for a Loom Marsupial in Moss Green for my birthday, and my DH bought it for me. I really like it -- it's a great bag. Wonderful organization, quality crafstmanship, and nice materials. The only problem is, I'm very small-framed and the Loom's strap is wider than my shoulder. So it doesn't fit me very well. It doesn't actually fall off my shoulder because of the rubber pad, but it just sits sort of half on, half off my shoulder and just really looks sort of awkward. I would return it, except in my excitement to receive the bag, I cut off the tags and my husband threw them AND the receipt from diaperbags.com away. Oops.

So, if anyone is interested in a Moss Green Marsupial, please let me know. My husband bought mine separately from the co-op, so we paid the full $129. I'd be happy to sell it for that with free shipping, or consider other reasonable offers.

And if this post is breaking any rules, or you think I'd have better luck at the Diaper Bag Swap board, could you provide a link? I don't know how to get to that board, so I'm posting here . . .

Thanks.

Momof3Labs
03-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Try the BBB Swap:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-Swap/

And the diaper bag swap:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/

Though, honestly, you'll have better luck if you ask less than retail, since someone can get a brand new one with full return privelages for the same price.

And technically there is no spam allowed on this board, but if you aren't making a profit the Fields usually look the other way.

HoneymoonBaby
03-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks. I posted on the Diaper Bag swap, so if anyone is interested, head on over there -- I'm asking $115, but will consider reasonable offers.

Thanks for the tips. :)

Timmersmom
03-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Hi, I'm the one who posted about the One Step Ahead backpack, and how I'm going to go for a Loom instead. I decided to order one in black (it'll go best with what I usually wear), otherwise I would've definitely taken advantage of your offer.

-Elizabeth

Timothy 3/11/02
DD due 7/5/04

papal
03-21-2004, 04:14 PM
You might want to post on BBBSwap also. Many of us don't belong to the diaper bag SWAP.

I did see the pictures you had posted the other day and i did think it looked a little huge for your petite frame! Even with CDing i am not sure you would need such a big bag. My new Elaine Ella is much smaller and everything fits in very nicely.

lmintzer
03-21-2004, 06:20 PM
I just received my Loom bag, and maybe I'm in the minority, but it seems SMALL to me on the inside. I am used to big backpack. Maybe looks are deceiving. I'll have to pack it up and see.

HoneymoonBaby
03-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Thanks, Rashmi. I'll post there when my membership goes through -- I was still pending the last time I checked, probably because my Yahoo is through my work address and I'm home for the weekend (so I can't get any confirmation e-mails).

I really did like the Loom, but it's just TOO big for me. I bought a Kate Spade large messenger today because I'm worried they're about to discontinue them (they don't show up on the Kate Spade website with the new baby bag collection, and Nordstrom at Tyson's is flooded with them, which is not normal), but I'm keeping my receipts for return in case I find one on E-bay or something.

The KS is similar in size to the Loom, but it's less structured, so it hugs my body better, and the strap is WAY thinner. It's not as nifty as the Loom is with its magnet closures, bright interior, and padded strap, but it is sleek, simple, and will work for casual days or dress up. It's also slightly less organized, which I actually like. I'm much more of a "toss everything in the bag" kind of person than an "everything in its place" kind of person.

I think I'll be really happy with the Kate Spade -- I just hope I can find someone selling one for less than $250 so I can get some money back from Nordstrom. While I still have the Loom, if anyone is curious, I can take pictures of both bags packed with stuff and do a side-by-side comparison like someone did with the Alpha 7 earlier. Just post if you want me to do it.