PDA

View Full Version : Another Flying with Kids question post ? DB related

the5howards
03-20-2004, 11:57 PM
I am flying alone in two weeks with my kids ages 6, 4, and 1. I have no idea what diaper bag to take on the airplane. I am going to be bringing along a portable DVD player some snacks and a sippy for the youngest plus the normal baby stuff.
Here is what is in my collection my thoughts on these are in ()

Alpha 7 ( i don't feel secure enough with the velcro )
Kate Spade messenger bag ( too small )
2 Chester bags ( LOve for everyday but)
Sally spicer ( no secure closure)

Last time my youngest son was on an apnea monitor and I just threw everything in his montior case and gave my oldest a backpack.

What would you take? I am leaving in 10 days so if you would buy a certain bag it has to be readily accesable.

lmariana
03-21-2004, 12:45 AM
My first thought is a good backpack. It sounds like you're going to have your hands full at the airport, and a backpack would free you up a bit more. I know that when I travel, I like to take everything I "might" need, just in case...so for me, a bigger bag is a must.

Out of my current collection, I would take the Baby Sherpa backpack, only because it's very spacious, has removable insulted bottle/cup holders, and is very padded to protect the DVD player.

My other choice would be my Loom Marsupial because it's also very spacious and has excellent padding, plus I like it's secure magnetic closure.

Hope you get some good ideas on this board!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

khakismom
03-21-2004, 02:20 AM
When I travel with the kids I take either my LE Multiple Tot Tote (originally purchased last year on overstocks), or the Baby Trend ActivPak (available at BRU in navy or black).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005TPSQ/qid=1079848408/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-3045969-1048715?v=glance&s=baby

The ActivPak is like a workhorse and works really well for traveling--the tote is great but bulky. Kathleen also wears her backpack with her toys so I don't have to lug them--just her sippy, snacks, etc.

HTH! :)

Vajrastorm
03-21-2004, 12:46 PM
I just ordered a LE deluxe diaper bag backpack to fly with. We leave this morning, so it hasn't been tested yet, but I think it will be great.