PDA

View Full Version : Bag Roll Call: Gotta Bag/Expecting A Bag

Dscvrlifewith3
03-22-2004, 05:44 PM
I was wondering who was getting a delivery this week or today for a diaper bag or tote bag! Did you get something in the mail today?

I love getting "good" mail! :)

After reading everything here, I think I might order a Skip Hop. I like the way it looks and it looks like it would be good for trips to the zoo, beach or at the park. Also it looks like it has good compartments to hide stuff.
Is this bag made pretty well, looks like it can handle outdoor like treatment?
I sure don't want to take my pretty bags out to get roughed up for an outing with three kids.

lmariana
03-22-2004, 05:51 PM
FUN TOPIC!

I think the Skip Hop perfect for those rough outdoor activities. That's what I would take with me to the zoo for sure!

I'm expecting my white Fleurville Mothership this week! I'm so excited to get it. You know I'll post a full review, of course!

My mother also hinted that she's sending me a little something in the mail this week, so we'll see! She's just as bad as I am when it comes to shopping and especially buying bags. The difference between us is that she actually gets a good deal on things! :)

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

kelle1996
03-22-2004, 06:33 PM
I am expecting a new black canvas Alpha 7 this week after ordering well over a month ago. I am very excited about it.

I am also expecting some beads in the mail to make myself a mommy bracelet.

Hope everyone has a good mail day today!!
Kelle

lmintzer
03-22-2004, 06:42 PM
I received a Loom Marsupial in moss green yesterday. I still have to pack it to see if the interior is big enough to suit my needs (2 in diapers).

Dscvrlifewith3
03-22-2004, 06:48 PM
I am glad to read that about the Skip Hop. Will it hold a lot?
Also is it waterproof. I am thinking for a beach bag I need something that can tolerate the ocean. We live only an hour from the beach and we go often. I wonder if it can take the abuse.

Kim

momathome
03-22-2004, 06:55 PM
While I am anxiously awaiting the bag from you, Kim, I did just get a new rugged diaper bag backpack in the mail today from Eddie Bauer. It is very nice, lots of good compartments, and I don't have to worry about it getting beat up when I fly next month or when we go to the zoo. I think I have come to the conclusion after lots of totes that backpacks are more me!
-Lauren

Dscvrlifewith3
03-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Well <blush> looks like yours will be the first going out. :)

Is the EB light weight? When we adopted I carried this very combersome backpack all over the USA. Running in the Atlanta Airport to catch a flight with newborn gear AND a new born is not fun. I forget the name of the backpack I had but it was borrowed. I hated it.

Kim

robmab719
03-22-2004, 07:59 PM
According to the UPS website, my Skip Hop bag will be delivered tomorrow! Yippee! So I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.

I know what you mean about "good mail" -- bags are so much more fun than bills and catalogs. :)

Dscvrlifewith3
03-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Great! I want to hear all about it.

Well, at my house the UPS man is delivering fabric everyday. I think he sees me more than his wife.

sbjf
03-22-2004, 08:16 PM
I've got my one and only diaper bag, the red Loom Marsupial. It was like Christmas morning that Saturday when it was delivered!

I do have the Baby Sherpa backpack on my baby registry, so maybe I'll be getting that one, too, don't know for sure!

the5howards
03-22-2004, 08:51 PM
I bought two diaper bags this weekend at BRU. I know I am taking a backback (lands end overstock not really a diaper bag) on my trip next week and I also wanted a smaller tote so I bought a Baby Innovations Mini-messenger and a Cute Carters tote. I knew one or both of them would go back. I think both will end up going back for maybe a little tripper. I wonder if I can get a little tripper by next Wensday. I just don't want to have to carry a big backpack around all week while in Texas.
Chrissy

BethS
03-22-2004, 09:02 PM
I love "Good" mail and this week should be full of it! I'm expecting 2 Ella bags (a josie and an elaine) and my birthday is next Sunday so I should get some fun mail for that too. :)

Chelsey333
03-22-2004, 09:08 PM
Beth, I would love to hear you review your Ella bags when you get them. I really want an Ella bag, the cabana stripe one. But am holding off until I see what I get for my birthday. If I get some extra cash I might go for it.

Dscvrlifewith3
03-22-2004, 09:10 PM
now are you going to share your age?

Chelsey333
03-22-2004, 09:17 PM
a whopping 31! 31 is easier than the big 30 though.

lmariana
03-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Was the black canvas backordered or something? That's a long time to wait!

Mariana

lmariana
03-22-2004, 09:20 PM
For the beach, I love my Tote Le Monde Geneva messenger bag. The exterior is a woven plastic and the interior is lined in clear vinyl. Nothing could mess up this bag!

Mariana

Dscvrlifewith3
03-22-2004, 09:31 PM
I will be 30 in 7 weeks. I am very excited. :)

I am ready to be out of my 20s. LOL

And all my friends in their 40s love it. They are really savoring their 40s. Of course most of them are having babies in their 40s too.

momathome
03-22-2004, 09:36 PM
This backpack isn't bad size-wise - I'd say it fits in the medium category. It is comfotable to carry, defintely smaller than my Baby Bjorn Backpack, which seemed enormous to me, but it has a lot of good compartments and seems very durable. Just to clarify, my EB backpack was from the EB store, not the EB line from Cosco that matches their strollers.
-Lauren

supersparkee
03-22-2004, 09:40 PM
I got my Ella Bag this past week - I LOVE IT! It's the Fashion Girls pattern with a black bottom and pink trim and interior. It's a great size - I got the Elaine - but I'm a light packer. I also got a matching changing pad. The first thing I did was ScotchGuard it. Then I took pics of it which I plan to post. I haven't even had a chance to really use it yet (since I don't carry a diaper bag during the week when I'm at work).

I'm also expecting a PP Backpack in the Shrimp Roll pattern. I ordered during the co-op at the last possible hour and all of the ones that were in stock were spoken for (that's what I get for waiting). So mine will be shipped when the next shipment arrives at the store. I can't wait!!!

I also have a romper and flash cards on the way from Pokkadots - I love getting mail these days.

After seeing the Whimsical Wears backpacks, I may have to think about one of those...

lmariana
03-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Oooh, I'd love to see pics of your new Ella, it sounds gorgeous!

Mariana

Jsher
03-22-2004, 09:50 PM
I got my Black Skip Hop on Friday. I used it again today on my MBUS. Makes me love that stroller even more!

I certainly think it's sturdy enough for outside. I wanted pink, but the practical side of me said "NO!"

Jodi

jasabo
03-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Hi Kim!
Have you seen this bag?

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1315&itemType=PRODUCT&lGen=detail&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=26213&iProductID=1315&change=117&KickerID=179130

It looks like it'd be great for the beach. The built in cooler would probably be pretty handy, though there's not a lot of room for towels, etc.

Also, the Martha's Vineyard tote. I think someone on this bb posted about this one. It looks really great for the beach.

http://www.outdoor-family.com/beachbag.html

Lisa - mom to 9 month old twin boys

Dscvrlifewith3
03-23-2004, 12:26 AM
I had that tote from one step ahead. boy was it combersome. my husband even said some foul words at it. so we gave it to goodwill. Stuff falls out of it and that netting stuff is awful.

Thanks though! :)

Kim

BethS
03-23-2004, 02:18 AM
Sure, I'll be 27.

wendinbill
03-23-2004, 09:15 AM
I have a Samsonite backpack coming either today or tomorrow, a bunch of Mary Kay makeup coming (it's been a long time since I splurged!) and I have an Ella bag coming in a few weeks.

kelle1996
03-23-2004, 10:04 AM
It's new from Fleurville and it took longer than expected to complete, but hopfully it will ship today and I will have it by the end of the week(fingers crossed).

Kelle

mom to little e
04-21-2004, 08:37 PM
Kim,
Did you ever order your SkipHop? I was thinking of getting one of those to keep on the stroller (after ordering TWO WW bags though, I better cool it for a while! LOL)

Casey

Mommy to
Ean Bennett 11/06/03

kkb99
04-21-2004, 10:54 PM
Yesterday I ordered a T2 bag and a WW one! T2 sent my bag today, so I will be getting a bag very soon! I need to email Kim a couple last things about the other bag. I am very excited to see how that one turns out!

Kristen

boys2enough
04-22-2004, 12:33 AM
>
>I am glad to read that about the Skip Hop. Will it hold a
>lot?
>Also is it waterproof. I am thinking for a beach bag I need
>something that can tolerate the ocean. We live only an hour
>from the beach and we go often. I wonder if it can take the
>abuse.
>
>Kim

Hi, Kim,

Well, like many others here I can't wait to receive my WW bag! lol. But we are all trying to be patient, knowing that you have been sewing up a storm. :)

I actually just returned a Skip Hop bag. I think it is well-designed for the main purpose: to hang off of a stroller as extra storage. But I got it more for an all-day outing, and the bag is not big enough for an all-day outing for me. I can see though that it is perfect for people who walk everywhere with their strollers, and you just kind of leave the Skip Hop on the stroller and forget about it.

It is well-made, and defintely sturdy enough to take some abuse from multiple kids. ;-)

For the beach bag, are you looking for something water proof? I don't think the Skip Hop is water proof. I mean it should be ok on wet sand, but if the waves come up, I think water will get inside (seeping through the material). In addition, it does not stand up on its own. Not sure whether that will drive you nuts, if using it on the beach.

Some people here get the white Mothership as their beach bags, and I think it is a great idea. How often do you get to carry a white bag without having to worry about it getting dirty? It is huge (for towels, etc) and it is waterproof. I would have got one on if I didn't have to worry about Dh flipping out. ;-) (I mean, I had to obtain "special permission" from him to order my WW bag! lol)

I saw the link that another mom sent you: the mesh bag with several (6?) pockets outside, and the bag costs $50+. Not sure how nice a bag you are looking for. But I saw some mesh bags at Target with 6 pockets outside for $11.99 the other day. It comes in aqua, orange red, and also in stripes. I got a "double" bag from Target for $12.99 with the Fashion Girls print the other day for the beach. There is no organization at all, but for that price... If it gets dirty, I won't feel too bad just tossing it.

Sorry this ran long. HTH some. Cheers, Lin