PDA

View Full Version : Question on custom diaper bags

c2lane
03-22-2004, 09:39 PM
I've been lurking and have been drooling over all the new custom diaper bags. So many fabrics to choose from! For those of you who have ordered or will be ordering your bags, which extras are you adding to your bags and include number of pockets!

~Carrie
mommy to Dillan Rose 01/02/04

bluej
03-24-2004, 01:57 PM
I like having six pockets on the inside, elastic prefered. And a key loop is a must for me. I hate searching for keys. I'm getting a bottle bag (in khaki twill, tie closusre) from Ella-bags to hold *MY* stuff that goes from one bag to the next. I was going to get a make-up bag to hold my stuff, but decided having a little handle on the bag for times I just need to run into a store and don't need the entire diaper bag would be handy (I imagine being able to just loop it on my wrist so I really don't have to carry it while trying to deal w/ baby/kids). We'll see how well my stuff stays in there w/o a zipper closure. It should just stand up in the diaper bag, so I'm not too worried.

robmab719
03-24-2004, 03:56 PM
I ordered additional pockets on my Ella backpack because, honestly, I need all the pockets I can get. I'm kind of a sucker for keeping everything organized. There's nothing worse than having to rummage through the entire bag and take things out to find a bib or burp cloth. Otherwise, everything is just thrown together.

I ordered a snap closure because I carry my wallet and keys inside and worry about them falling out if the bag is not closed securely. However, Kim at Whimsical Wears has me rethinking that since she explained that the magnetic snaps create additional wear on the fabric. I guess I will find out for myself.

I also ordered feet on the bottom because I hate when my bags have dirty, worn corners.

Oh, and I believe I ordered a key loop thinking that the backpack would be deep and my keys would inevitably fall to the very bottom without the loop.

I seriously considered ordering a changing pad to match, but talked myself out of it. I think I can make my own in a coordinating fabric for much less $.