PDA

View Full Version : Time to wait for new custom bag???

kelly ann
03-22-2004, 11:12 PM
The new co-op starts April 1st right? Have any of you heard from Kim how long the bags will most likely take before receipt?

I am in a bind. I bought an Ella bag for my mom for Mother's day and Aimee was kind enough to re-do the bag. I asked Aimee to examine the bag to see if all of my concerns could be addressed. If so, then I would love the bag redone. If not, then I would like a refund. Well, I am getting a refund but it is because they are afraid I will not be satisfied with the new bag :( Even though the flaws I found could be fixed.

I am going away the 3rd week of April with my mom and thought I would give her the gift early. Maybe I will look into the ISM Me Too bags...those should only take about 3 weeks, right?

Dscvrlifewith3
03-22-2004, 11:43 PM
Ali, the coop organizer is away so I will answer the question for you. I am not sure if anyone has addressed it yet.

Custom Orders take 3-4 weeks from time of order. Orders are not complete until payment is made.
Payments are made through Paypal (credit cards), money orders or cashiers checks.
I do not have a merchant account at this time. Mainly is cost, a cost I would have to pass to my customers. Since I am a small cottage company, I cannot justify the cost since most of my business is handled online.
Hope this answer any questions.

Kim

kelly ann
03-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Thanks Kim for the reply. I don't think I will receive it in time for my mom. However, I am definitely not ruling out another diaper back for myself :)

jasabo
03-23-2004, 12:06 AM
Wait, I don't understand...they're refusing to re-do the bag for you because they think you won't think it's good enough? Well that's just bizarre! I've never heard of such a thing.

Aren't the ISM bags already made? I thought they were all in stock since they're not "design your own." But I may be wrong. I've never ordered from them before. Their bags look really nice though. If you don't want ISM, have you checked eBay? There are some really nice ones there. I also found some really cute ones on a site and posted a link a few days ago. I can't remember the company name (it was something about "Reese" - ReeseLi maybe? or LiReese?). If you read back through the posts from the past week or so, you'll probably find it. There was also a thread about eBay bags with some names you might look into.

It's too bad about your Ella bag, but there are lots more out there. I'm sure you'll find something you like.

Good luck!
Lisa - mom to 9 month old twin boys

Dscvrlifewith3
03-23-2004, 12:42 AM
I believe ISM makes to order a good bit of their items but I could be wrong. I think Reese Li does the same thing. She may have something ready to ship on eBay.

BTW I tried to email the origianl poster. I don't think email works through the BBB or spam guards catch it. I have had more than a dozen emails from people saying that they have emailed me, and I have emailed people with no response through the boards too.

O, there is a lady on eBay that I absolutely adore, the quality of her items are excellent. All of her stuff is ready made to ship, Cherry Pie Designs, but I can't remember her ebay name to save my life. A really great person.

Kim

tina-t
03-23-2004, 01:13 AM
Cherry Pie bags's ebay name is say*cheese. Her ebay store is cherry pie bags. I bought a bag (via ebay, won an auction) and love it!!!

Dscvrlifewith3
03-23-2004, 01:19 AM
Yep, that is her. Super lady!

Kim

kelly ann
03-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the feedback on Cherry Pie Designs - I regularly have her on my eBay favorites. It is nice to hear that others like her bags since she has some cute designs.

Dscvrlifewith3
03-23-2004, 11:19 AM
When you sew and are in the same line of work, you can spot quality products. And she has them.

I have handful of designers I really respect and admire. Not just for their talent, but for their ethical business practices as well. You can't go wrong with owner of Cherry Pie Designs.

Kim

nc_hope
03-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Kim,

Don't know if this is the best place to put this question but since you were just talking about Cherry Pie Designs I went over to ebay and checked out some of her bags - very cute -- as are yours!

I really like the stroller bag design she offered but ideally I would love to find a bag that had regular tote straps AND the option to strap in onto a stroller when necessary. Would this be possible? Is this some an option that you could add to your bags? Thanks so much for offering this co-op to BBB. I look forward to ordering my bag!

Hope

Dscvrlifewith3
03-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Dear Hope,

This is not something we offer at this time. But trust me I am writing down all the great ideas and suggestions all of you have.
Right now, Dianna, my partner does stroller bags but they button on, not snap to the stroller.

Have a great day!

Kim