PDA

View Full Version : Snazzy Baby cart covers - worth the $?

toomanystrollers
03-23-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm lusting over her gorgeous fabrics BUT - the price, gasp! Are they worth it?

www.snazzybaby.com

TIA

Dscvrlifewith3
03-23-2004, 08:45 PM
OMG I love those!!!!

I love all the fabrics too!

Kim

lmariana
03-23-2004, 09:23 PM
I was totally lusting after them a couple weeks ago, but I ended up getting one from covers4kids.com. It's not as gorgeous, but I just couldn't justify $90+ for something that my baby would be drooling on and licking. Gosh those fabrics are gorgeous though...

I got a cover with red fabric on one side and red gingam on the other. Looking at it now, it's a little girl for my boy, but it's staying. :) I got this to replace my Floppy Seat which was just too big and cumbersome to carry around town. The biggest selling point for me was that it folds up into it's own little attached baggie.

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

heidi_timms
03-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Love it at $78, but I think that $90+ is a little much. I am very happy with my seat. She did address the issues with the old style-toy loop didn't really work and the old model doesn't fold up for easy carry.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

houseof3boys
03-23-2004, 11:11 PM
I'm with Heidi on this one. I got one at the under $80 price but almost $100 beans for a cart cover is way too much.

I like mine a lot but I think I might be happy with some of the others that people mention here. There was one that Linda (liya) was very psyched about and you could upgrade to chenille fabric (more like the snazzy seat) for a very reasonable amount. I would go that route if I were looking into them at this point!

hellokitty1
03-24-2004, 05:46 PM
Yikes! $98? Over the top for me. There's a current post for sewcuteboutique. You can check it out through this ebay offer.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=sewcuteboutique&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

So if you look at the cart cover from sewcute boutique, does it look bulky to you? I can't tell if it's just the angle or the cart size or if the fabric is just "elasticized" so it looks big. I am waning back on forth on this and the main thing is whether the fabric ends up taking up most of the room in the cart.

There's also this site:
http://www.geniusbabies.com/grcoclsh.html?OVRAW=grocery%20cart%20covers&OVKEY=cart%20cover%20grocery&OVMTC=standard

I saw this IRL today, it's not bad but part of me is really hooked on the Hello Kitty fabric.

Any thoughts?

AdoptChina
03-24-2004, 06:18 PM
I have 2 different brands of cart covers......one has elastic, one does not. The one without elastic is much easier to use one handed. Not sure if that helps, but figured I'd mention it

nc_hope
03-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Ditto to what Mariana said. Snazzy Baby covers are definitely, well, snazzy :) but I ended up going with the much more affordable cover4kids and picked a black and white gingham on one side with solid black on the other. Been using it for about 2 mos now and am very happy with it. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing but my cover seems to do a great job at a much better price.

amyff
03-24-2004, 08:13 PM
The main reason I love my sewcuteboutique cover is because it isn't bulky. She made mine with a layer of felt between the layers. I see now she is using batting so it may be different. If you want me to snap a photo of Ava in the cart...let me know!

hellokitty1
03-25-2004, 11:19 AM
amy-

I would love to see a picture. I bet the felt she used in yours is less bulky. Her picture on Ebay just makes it look so huge. I really want to get a cart cover but my main concern at this point is seeing how much room it actually takes up on the cart. Perhaps she'll take a rquest for felt, like yours, instead of batting.

ETA: I emailed her and she said she cahnges from felt to batting after request for more padding and that she would be willing to use a thinner batting if I wanted.

Yeah! I'm going with sewcuteboutique!

momma_boo
03-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Hey Vivian,

I actually have the clean shopper (picked it up at BuyBuyBaby. but just realized you don't have that store near you). Anyway, the ebay one looks pretty nice. I definitely liked the Hello Kitty Fabric.
It doesn't look too bulky (I think the pillow doesn't help since it takes up a lot of space. I don't think you'd need a pillow at all).

The clean shopper works for us, but sometimes I have wished that it was a bit more padded, especially when Sarah leans her head down on the side of the cart (but she doesn't seem to care). The only con to that would be if you used it also for highchairs at restaurants (which we do with ours). The extra padding might make it hard to use for highchairs.

momma_boo
03-25-2004, 11:41 AM
YOWZA! Almost a hundred bucks for a cart cover? That seems a bit excessive to me.

Eloise36
03-25-2004, 03:33 PM
The fabrics are beautiful, but the price may be a little high for a cart cover, IMHO

liya
03-25-2004, 04:23 PM
Get one from sewcuteboutique...I promise it will be soooo worth it...Trust me really. I love mine and im already having one made for my nephew....They are awsome and her cotton fabrics are similar to the snazzy ones. You can ask her if she will to a washable silk one for ya and she also does the chenille backing..!!

Cathy is sooo nice to work with, she really wanted to make the coop happen for us but her time was just not enough and she really wantsto make awsome things..!!

Trust me email her and ask her for fabrics. She also goes fabric hunting so she is awsome...

toomanystrollers
03-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Ok Linda, you talked me into it :)

hellokitty1
03-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Pam-

I am getting one too. If you're concerned about padding, etc. Cathy said she would use either a thinner or thicker padding based on what I wanted. I found out on another post that she previously made them with felt but people requested it be thicker so she started using a thicker batting material. She said that should could make me one with thinner batting if I liked.

And I am hooked on the hello kitty pattern but realized that the reverse side could be a solid color that would fit a boy if necessary.

Please share when you get yours.

amyff
03-25-2004, 07:35 PM
Vivian,
You won't be sorry! We love our cover! Do you still want to see a picture?

hellokitty1
03-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Yes, if it's not too much trouble.