PDA

View Full Version : question for those who like to wear bags Messenger style...

Chelsey333
03-24-2004, 10:58 AM
I have noticed that a lot of you like to wear bags Messenger style and have returned some bags that don't enable this. I am just curious, as to why it is such an important feature? I very rarely am carrying my diaper bag, and that is why I am curious. My bag usually goes in the stroller when I am going to the mall. When I am going any where else, it usually only sits on my shoulder, for a very short time while I am walking into somewhere. Then it goes in shopping cart, or it gets placed down (if we are at a restaurant, etc).

robmab719
03-24-2004, 11:52 AM
For me, there are two reasons. First, when I'm out with the stroller, the basket is very small and has to be accessed from the front, so I don't like keeping the diaper bag there. I'd rather have it on my shoulder. I have trouble with straps slipping off my shoulder, so I prefer to wear the bag messenger style.

Second, when we're not using the stoller, DD is in a sling. With the messenger bag, I can just wear it on the opposite hip and it's still easy to access...more so than a backpack...and doesn't interfere with the sling.

iriebride
03-24-2004, 12:13 PM
I have the Combi messenger diaper bag...I love it. I use it for the exact same reasons as the last poster. I also like it b/c I can access bottle, my wallet, cell phone, etc. easily while baby is in the Bjorn or stroller or even in my arms.

HTH,
Joyce
Zerick 7-3-03

HoneymoonBaby
03-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Ditto. Baby's not even here yet, but I got an Inglesina Zippy with a tiny (I would go so far as to say useless) basket and umbrella handles, so I knew I'd be carrying the diaper bag on me instead of hanging it on the stroller. Messenger Style is the only kind of bag I could think of that allows you to be hands-free while still having access to the inside of the bag. I figured a tote would be constantly sliding off my shoulder, and a backpack would be unattractive (not my taste, anyway) and inconvenient.

lmariana
03-24-2004, 02:42 PM
For me, it's just a matter of my personal preference. Even pre-baby, I always wore bags messenger style. I find that if I have something on one shoulder, I get neck/back pain more easily than if I wear something messenger style. I also have narrow shoulders, so actually getting a bag to stay on one shoulder is a challenge in itself.

:)

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003