PDA

View Full Version : I found the coolest bags the other day....

jerseygirl07067
03-26-2004, 04:38 PM
I was recently at the Kenneth Cole outlet, actually I must admit, on the hunt for a functional small/medium messenger or backpack. I came across this cool Kenneth Cole Reaction nylon messenger bag, and started looking through it, and thought, this would make awesome diaper bag!! The salesman probably thought I was a nut, as it was actually a laptop bag.

It has an outer velcro pocket on the back, an elasticized pocket on the side, a velcro pouch on the other side, a front compartment two outer pockets, then another inner pocket with several slots for credit cards, phone, pens, with another pocket inside the pocket, and a key holder. On the inside there's a zippered pocket, two more big pockets on the opposite side, and then a larger compartment where I guess the laptop goes. Not to mention, that there is a zipper on top to quickly access it without even having to open that messenger flap. It's a tad deeper than what I might want in a bag and thought that if I don't use if everyday it is the ultimate travel bag/carry on bag for our upcoming summer vacation. It measures 12 x 12 x 4. I couldn't resist!! The bag kind of reminded me of the Combi Urban Sling but without the puffy when stuffed effect.

Then I went to Bloomingdales and found a cute red corduroy messenger bag with three inside pockets and two outer zip pockets at 50% off with a leopard print interior lining (no black hole). Couldn't resist that one either....And it was waaay cheaper than one of those Kate Spade Messengers (but those are nice!)

Someone help me! DH is wondering what happened to his tomboy, nonshopper wife, who is now buying all of these bags. Well, maybe when I go back to work on Monday it will help curb by bag obsession! Or maybe it is my way of dealing with my grief about going back to work. :)

Just wanted to share,
Marcy

smomom
03-26-2004, 05:17 PM
OMG! Those sound perfect! They sound exactly what have been looking for lately. Congratulations on your finds!