PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the right size bag: A bedtime story

writermama
03-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Once Upon a Diaper Bag

Once upon a time, a bewildered mom-to-be needed a diaper bag. She searched high and low through malls and baby stores. After getting lost in a forest of store aisles, she thought she had found the answer: a bag that promised to "Do It All" that came from the mythical far-off country of Land's End.

The mom-to-be tried to get comfortable with her new bag. It had handy pockets and pouches with elastic and zippers. And it was large enough to hold everything she would ever need. It had room for bottles and binkies and diapies and wipey-s <deep breath> rattles and teethers and hankies for sneezers <another deep breath> wallet and cel phone and jingling keys, Palm Pilot and Chapstick and pens -- if you please -- blankies and p.j.s and more extra clothes -- how odd -- and still enough room for a sweet little pouch called a pea-in-a-pod <lying on the floor gasping for air>.

It was wonderful for going through the woods to Grandma's house (but that's another story). And it fit in the basket of her Universal Car Seat Carrier (but, then again, so did a week's worth of groceries). But after the baby came, the new mom discovered that most of the time, for most of the journeys she and the baby took out of the cottage, it was too big.

So, bleary-eyed, the new mom called out again to the mythical kingdom beyond the Land's End. Little Tripper, they sent her, re-designed for all, and perfect for quick trips to the store and the mall. The bag was smaller and lighter and seemed like it might be "the one" after-all ... but weeping, she cried (new mommy hormones, you know), "This new bag is too small!"

The pockets for bottles on the outside looked nifty, but most of the time the bottle pockets stayed empty. The main pocket could hold dipes and wipes and a small change of clothes, but not the many little other things she HAD to have handy, as everyone knows.

So now the poor mommy calls out for help, "I tried the first bag, but it was too big. I tried the second bag, but it was too small. Where-oh-where can I find a bag that is just right?"

To be continued ...

-Karen
Very punchy from too little sleep.

lmariana
03-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Oh my goodness, that is so fun! Thanks for the cute tale! Good luck on your quest for the perfect bag.

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

firsttimemommy
03-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Cute Cute!! :) so what is next????? :) Thanks for sharing!!!
Ronda
Mommy to Jenna born 1/10/03
and Jacob due 4/28/04

Dscvrlifewith3
03-27-2004, 06:54 PM
I wish you lots of luck in finding the perfect bag.
I got a big chuckle from your little story!

:)

parkersmama
03-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Great job, Karen! I'm on a quest as well. Holding my breath for the next installment...

redhookmom
03-27-2004, 11:09 PM
I can't wait for the next chapter tomorrow night!

jamsmu
03-28-2004, 12:17 AM
What a great story! And I can identify! I have the Do-It-All and rarely use it... too big. Instead of the little tripper, I got the LE new striped bag. Very cute for spring and summer and I love it, just like a purse. But, alas, a little small.... ho hum...