PDA

View Full Version : Accessories for diaper bag

Dscvrlifewith3
03-29-2004, 10:29 PM
I am curious as to what accessories people like to have with their diaper bags. I am a very light packer so I don't require but a few pockets and I am good to go -- but My neighbor packs everything but the kitchen sink and then some!

What are some things you like to have? checkbook cover, makeup case, a wet bag, organizer?

I noticed that Loom has a little clutch, is that handy? how much does it hold?

lmariana
03-29-2004, 11:08 PM
My bags usually have a changing pad, dirties bag, and a little clutch inside. Some also have a built-in, insulated bottle holder. Out of all those goodies, the changing pad and the bottle holders get the least use, and my clutch the most.

My Loom watermelon clutch is priceless and jumps diaper bags with my ever-changing mood. It usually holds: my wallet, a couple lip glosses, pill case, pen, mini tub of my sunscreen, mini sprayer of perfume, and mints. My cell phone doesn't fit, which is fine, because I couldn't hear it ringing if it was so well packed away. I also can't fit my mini hand lotion, but it's not that mini...it's the Mario Badescu travel size. The Loom clutch has a wrist strap which fits well over my stroller's handbar. It's slick surface and unique shape help it to fit anywhere, easily. I love the fact that I never have to worry about whether or not it's getting dirty.

Loom's changing pad is a great size, folds well, and is light. This changing pad will also hop bags, since other pads just aren't as user friendly. I love the fact that I can fold it with one hand. Eventhough it doesn't get very much use, it goes everywhere with me, just in case I need it.

As far as the other accessories go...Hubby and I never take the checkbook out of the house, so we don't own a checkbook cover. I don't wear much make-up at all, so the make-up case I have with my Ella bag gets used for my baby's creams, Tylenol, Orajel, etc. It's handy, but not essential.

An accessory I would like to have, which no one has yet to add on a diaper bag, is a clear vinyl ID card holder affixed to the inside and/or outside of the bag. This would be could for daycare/church nursery for ID'ing you child's bag, underground passes, holding your child's insurance card, Disney World Resort/Theme Park ID's, library cards, emergency cash, etc. This would be great. :)

Hope you get some good ideas on this board!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

blnony
03-29-2004, 11:51 PM
Here are my top favorite things:
A loop with clip for my keys
I like the small zippered make up bags, I use them to put my things in - like compact, lip gloss, advil, etc. and it fits in the middle and I can find anything when I'm on the go.
I like to have at least 5 or 6 pockets - one for a sippy cup, one big one for diapers and wipes, and one big one for a change of clothes and the others for mis. stuff.
I also love having the tear away snap on the top of the straps, it sooooo handy and makes keeping a tote on the shoulder so much easier.

Dscvrlifewith3
03-30-2004, 12:00 AM
<<I also love having the tear away snap on the top of the straps, it sooooo handy and makes keeping a tote on the shoulder so much easier.>>

I keep hearing about snaps on the straps. First, is this common on a lot of diaper bags? I haven't seen that in these parts. I have seen contoured straps, like the ISM or ones with the shoulder pad but not a snap.
And how does it help keep the bag on the shoulder, having the snap that is?

the5howards
03-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Being someone who cloth diapers I really would like a waterproof wet bag. I also would like a clutch. I use a Vera Bradley comestic case but I would love one to match my bag. I would also like the tear away snaps on the straps.

Chrissy

blnony
03-30-2004, 10:12 AM
I can take a pic of it on my Ella and email it to you.
It keeps the straps together and makes it like you "only have one strap" so they stay on your shoulder much better. Also, when you sit the bag down, the straps stay together and you can get stuff in/out without having straps in the way.
Its a great invention.

jasabo
03-30-2004, 01:00 PM
I'd love a little clutch like the Watermelon - that's one of the things I really liked about the Looms...I just didn't like the diaper bag :) I'd like it about the size of the Watermelon, except more square, so it's roomier. And in a coordinating fabric to the diaper bag. I'd definitly buy it!

Changing pad isn't too impt for me. They take up a lot of room and I prefer the disposable ones - I always thought it was a little gross to put the changing pad down on a surface then put it back in your bag. But that's just me. I'm a bit of a germaphobe.

Strap snap on the totes would be great, to keep straps from sliding down your arms.

Backpack that can be worn as a tote/messenger bag too.

Love the 6 elastic pockets for organization.

A pocket on the front of the bag where I could stash my keys so I'd have easy access. It's too much of a pain for me to juggle both boys and take the time to attach my keys to a key loop, so I usually just throw them into the bag and end up having to search through the bag to find them. Major pain. A pocket on the front would be great, for keys and sunglasses.

Lisa - mom to 9 month old twin boys