PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop & WW ?'s please help....

zachcodyandashlynsmom
03-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Hi Ladies... I need some help, please. I have been thinking that I want to get a Skip Hop, I really like the feature of how it is able to snap onto the stroller, then also has a strap for wearing like a purse...my ? about the Skip Hop, can you wear it as a messenger bag? is the strap long enough for that? ok.... the other bag I have been thinking about getting is the WW (through the Co-op, have not signed up yet, do I need to???) anyways I have picked a couple of fabrics that I like. Although I don't generally wear backpacks, I am thinking that the WW might be cool to have in a backpack style, thinking it would "hold" more and have more features than a tote, however the tote is really cute too, does anyone know if the tote can be strapped onto the stroller? or have added straps to do so? WW does not make any type of messenger bag do they??? the WW is SUCH a great price for the "works" that you get with it, kind of hard to pass up...arghhhhhhhhhhhhh.... if you have a Skip Hop are you happy with it? does it hold enough??? Trying to decide between the two....
Thanks for your help, and expertise... Liz :)

lmariana
03-30-2004, 09:38 AM
I can't help with the WW questions, but I do have a couple of Skip Hops and LOVE them!

Yes, the strap is adjustable and long enough to wear messenger style on anyone. This is a nice, long strap! I think the Skip Hop is a fantastic bag, especially for the price, and is one of the most functional bags out there. It is very spacious, with lots of free space. It has two internal pockets for organization, 2 large zippered pockets at the top of the bag, and 3 large exterior pockets...plus the cell phone and water/bottle holder. The changing pad is large with a waterproof backing. A couple downsides are it's "unisex" styling, which is great for husbands, but if you're looking for a "cute" bag, this probably isn't what you want. They do have some very fun colors to make up for the unisex styling though.

Hope this helps a bit!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

mattysmom
03-30-2004, 10:28 AM
This might not be the answer that you want to hear (from a $$ point of view), but I'd recommend both! I have the Skip Hop now and LOVE it - it's sporty, functional, and pretty casual. But, I'm going to order a WW bag too - as my "good" bag for going places without the stroller or when I want something more fun. And for less than $100 for both, I'm rationalizing that together they're still less than a lot of other bags that I might have liked (Loom, Fleurville, etc). That's been my thinking...Good luck with your decision!

ppshah
03-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Mariana,

I know you've post tons on the skip hop but I'm still wavering. I want to get a navy one to match my stroller. We have several trips coming up so I think it would be a good travel bag.

I was going to use the freebie Enfamil bag ( the black messenger type ) for my travel bag- how do they compare?

Does it hold it's shape pretty well. Any pics wearing it messenger style? Do you think it would hold enough for air travel- the flights are only like 2 1/2 hours but you never know how long you'll get stuck at the airport!!!

I know there's one on the website but I bet that model is like 6 foot tall. Just wondering how it would look on a petite person I'm 5'2"

Last question- I know the bag is shallow- but do you think it would fit the freebie cooler- I'd probably need to take some milk/snacks for DS.

Thanks

p.s. Love your red skip hop on your kiwi

lmariana
03-30-2004, 02:15 PM
I wish I had an Similac bag to use as comparison, but I don't! I did have a little insulated bottle holder from an Enfamil bag. It would have easily fit in the Skip Hop. Although the bag is narrow, it's flexible construction will still allow you to place wider things inside. I can fit my Sassy formula container whichis about 4" in diameter.

I've used this bag for a full day at Disney, so I think it will do really well for flying. Just remember, there is no flap to cover the main compartment, just the velcro closure. So, keep small or loose things in the zippered pouches. :)

I'm also 5'2" and the big hits me really well. Although it is a large bag, it's narrowness makes it feel like you're wearing a small bag.

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003