PDA

View Full Version : So who is getting a WW backpack?

houseof3boys
03-30-2004, 11:20 AM
I am stumped on this. I really want a backpack sometimes when I am out and about and never got an Ella so I thought I would try a WW, but am scared it won't be big enough. I like the fact the pockets are deep since they are not deep enough on my ella tote and it is a pet peeve.

Why are you getting this backpack over other brands? Am I missing any benefits? Does it matter that the straps are adjustable? I remember some of you saying regarding the Ella how you "never" adjusted the straps anyway.

I won't even ask about fabrics yet, I can barely decide on the shape of a bag. :)

TIA

stillplayswithbarbies
03-30-2004, 12:14 PM
It matters to me that the straps are adjustable because I plan to hang it off my stroller handle and I would need to shorten the straps.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

momathome
03-30-2004, 12:19 PM
I ordered a backpack from WW as a pre-order and I will hopefully have it in the next week or 2. I am getting this over other brands because I think the price is fabulous for all that she is offering and based on the pictures, I really like the design of this bag. I am glad that the straps are adjustable, hopefully it will be comfy to wear. As soon as I get my bag, I will post pics!
-Lauren

jasabo
03-30-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm getting a backpack too, as my second bag (I orderd a tote last week in the "test group"). I love backpacks because they're so easy to carry. I have a Babybacks backpack that we use for all day trips, but it's not stylish at all.

I like that the WW straps are adjustable, though I probably won't use that option often unless dh needs to wear it. I'm getting the WW over other brands mainly because Kim's been great to work with, her prices are fabulous, I like that she doesn't use ribbon and grommets to close it like Ella does (I'm not a fan of either), and it seems more "boxy" or formed then the Ella bags which I'm hoping will make organization easier. Also, I don't like the tapering on the Ella backpacks. I really like that the ISM backpacks can be used as a tote too, but I'm not crazy about the top closure (doesn't completely cover the top) and it also looks a little too much like you're wearing a tote on your back, if that makes any sense.

Of course, I've not seen a WW in person, so I can't say for sure that I'll love it. But it looks great on her website. If you're looking for large size, the Babybacks pack is great, and Baby Sherpa too. And Petunia Picklebottom has large backpacks. And one of the Fleurvilles can be used as a backpack too. There are many options out there. Just depends on how much you want to spend and whether you want to design your own, etc.

Lisa - mom to 9 month old twin boys

mharling
03-30-2004, 12:57 PM
I am strongly considering it because I really want a summery backpack.

Does anyone have an Ella already with WW backpack on the way? I would love to see them side by side.

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

bethdg1
03-30-2004, 01:04 PM
I wanted a backpack but decided to get a tote with very long straps that I could wear messenger bag style. I already have a LE backpack but it is tiring trying to get things out when I have to sling it around my side. With the tote, I can just reach in.

houseof3boys
03-30-2004, 01:16 PM
I know, I can't wait for you to get yours and post pics!!!