PDA

View Full Version : Review of Vera Bradley Carry-All and comparison to T2

slknight
03-30-2004, 04:05 PM
I had mentioned on another thread that I would review this once I put it into action. I just want to say that I absolutely LOVE this Vera Bradley bag.

Here's a link to it if you don't know what it looks like:
http://www.verabradley.com/ProductDetail.aspx?qs1=18637

I can post some pics of it loaded up later.

Anyway, it's got one main part that has a zipper. In side of that, there are four small pockets sewn against the side. I found these to be a bit small (narrow), and if you stuff them too full, it's hard to get to the outside pockets. On one side of the outside, there is a full-sized zippered pocket (love this one), and on the other side, there are two pockets covered with a velcro flap.

The best part are the two bottle pockets on the ends. These are very deep and fit an Avent bottle with no problems. I like that I can toss my cellphone or a water bottle in one of them and don't worry about things falling out. The strap is really long so the bag can easily be worn messenger style.

I also received my T2 last week (thanks, Wendi!) and really, really like it as well. I've only used it once so I can't give a full review. But I did like it quite a bit. It is definitely a lot roomier than it looks. The only thing that I would like would be a pocket (even with a zipper) on the back of the outside so I could access things without lifting the main messenger "flap." The LE messenger bag has a pocket like this in the back. Other than that, it seems really well-constructed and it definitely looks very cool. I also wish it could have a bottle pocket. Yes, I know it's not a diaper bag, but don't bike messengers drink bottled water?

Obviously these two messenger bags are totally different styles, but I think I'm going to love them both. They seem to be about the same size, but just have different pocket configurations. They definitely put the LE messenger bag to shame.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

ghs517
03-30-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm glad you posted this review. I love my Vera Bradley Carry All as well!

smomom
03-30-2004, 06:14 PM
thanks for the review! You pointed out my main concerns with the T2 - no exterior pockets and where to put my water bottle! What fabric did you get in the VB?

I am so torn between those two bags. I love the exterior pockets of the VB, but the interior pockets don't seem that useful. At least the center pouch of the T2 would offer interior organization I also love the fabrics of the VB, but I can only splurge for one nice bag and I'm not sure if the fabrics will clash with everything I wear. I would probably get a T2 in a heartbeat if they had exterior pockets and/or bottle holder. I'm like you - don't those messengers have to take a drink sometime?!?!?!

thanks again for the review. Keep us posted if your opinion on these bags changes with extended use.

wendinbill
03-30-2004, 06:58 PM
Oh I am so glad you got it! I was worried because I hadn't heard anything!! I too am a fan of Vera Bradley bags-I would love to see pics of yours with stuff in it. Thanks so much!!

redhookmom
03-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the great reviews. Now of couse I want both!!

Which T2 do you have?

slknight
03-31-2004, 04:35 PM
I got the sherbet (the one pictured). It is definitely bright and colorful. I'd have to say that it is a little "loud" for my tastes and not the colors I usually buy or wear. But I'm trying to break out of my frumpy rut and try something new. LOL. And it does kind of brighten up the winter.

You're right about the interior pockets on the VB. They are semi-useful, but I find them a bit narrow. You can kind of cram some disposable diapers (Pampers size 4) in one, but then it's hard to get to the outside pockets. I CD at home, but take disposables with me. Not sure what else you could put in the inside pockets. Some small toys maybe. I had a little container of cheerios in one, and ended up taking it out. So I pretty much tossed everything (diapers, wipes, cheerios) into the middle section. But I am a light packer, so it wasn't too hard to find everything.

I do think the T2 has some of the same problems though in terms of the pockets. It's got lots of little pockets as well. I just don't know what people put in all of these tiny pockets. I guess I don't have that much little stuff that is floating around. The center pouch is great for organization though, but the lack of exterior pockets and bottle holder is a bit annoying for the price, imho.

Two things I forgot to mention - I also got one of the VB cosmetic bags in the same color so I can toss that in the middle and use it as an organizer or place for dirty clothes/diapers. That kind of solves some of the problem of not having a center divider.

Also, the VB bag stands up by itself very nicely. I really like this. You can unzip it and dig around and it stays standing and open.

Hope this helps.

slknight
03-31-2004, 04:36 PM
Sorry, Wendi. I meant to get let you know I'd gotten it. I'll try to take some pics later of the VT later in the week. I'm actually swamped with work right now.

slknight
03-31-2004, 04:40 PM
I've got the small T2 - the same one as posted on Sarah's thread:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=2771&mode=full

lizard
03-31-2004, 08:30 PM
Thanks so much for posting your review of the Vera Bradley carry-all. It's such a cute bag! In fact, after reading your review, I just purchased a bag in apple green -- can't wait to receive it!!

redhookmom
04-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Thanks again for the review. The Easter Bunny has picked one out for me!