PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

petersmom
04-01-2004, 10:44 AM
I have several friends that are having or have had babies recently.
Would a stroller blanket from the WW co-op be a nice gift with matching burp cloths? Or is it too cheesy?
I wanted to get them something different since they are all having their second children and own almost everything else.
Any suggestions are welcomed!
Thank you, Stephanie

bethdg1
04-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Not cheesy at all!

bluej
04-01-2004, 11:12 AM
I think that would be a great gift!

petersmom
04-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Thank you I am feeling more secure now!
Stephanie

nitaghei
04-01-2004, 05:53 PM
This would be a great gift. Perfect as something unique for the second child!

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

lag555
04-01-2004, 06:01 PM
I also think this is a really nice gift. When my daughter was born, we got a whole bunch of blankets as gifts and I thought it was such a stupid cop-out from the people who gave them to us. Well, fast forward a couple of months and they are so useful and good to have.

My new motto is "You can never have too many blankets!"

Aggie

brianandvincent
04-02-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm just curious; is it common to have baby showers for second babies? I had my first child 11 years before my second so I had baby showers for both. My second one will be 2 yrs when my third is born so not a large gap at all. Yet, my friend suggested having a baby shower for me (I have 2 boys and am expecting a girl.) My first thought was that it seemed greedy to ask people for more gifts but my friend explained that it's pretty common. What do you all think? BTW, I think a beautiful blanket is a perfect gift!
Thanks,
Kelly

quikeye
04-03-2004, 12:00 PM
I like it a lot! My favorite gifts from my shower were the homemade blankets from my aunts-- I just get such a kick out of anything "custom" made, and also that they took the time to come up with something instead of just going to bru :) Plus, the fabrics for the co-op would make such cool stroller blankets, much nicer than regular stroller blankets :)