PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: After 8 tries I finally found a great diaper bag...and it's cool looking!

amyslazyk
04-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Ok, my husband thought I was crazy, but we seriously have gone through over 8 diaper bags, and our first baby is only now just four months old. I couldn't find just the perfect one. I tried the Lands End one in the book (the do it all bag); It didn't fit in my Baby Trend undiversal carseat carrier. I was carrying around the Similac one I got in the hospital, but the zipper was breaking. I came across my new one in the Patagonia catalog (called Vertical Mass). It's actually a computer bag for laptops but when I saw it, it looked pretty good so I took a shot (despite the $80 pricetage). I have found THE bag!

Features:
*Two outside pockets for bottles (of course intended for water bottles).
*Back pocket for changing pad and wipes
*Front outside pocket for cphone, wallet, etc.
*Inside pocket for sunglasses and a key fob.
*Two inside compartments for toys diapers, change of clothes (and the inside is not black so it makes finding what you're looking for easy).
*Best of all this baby has a padded shoulder strap so it's not digging into your shoulders on those trips when you must carry it around. And to top that off it's actually very sporty looking (comes in several great colors). This won't get you through a long vacation, but I've been using it for shopping and trips to Grandma's house for extended afternoons and it's just perfect!

I found the bag at patagonia.com...sorry to sound like a commercial

Hope this helps all those who like me were searching for just the right bag.
The Brick's Mommy

jerseygirl07067
04-03-2004, 01:07 AM
It looks cool! I really like the blue one. I actually just got a Kenneth Cole black computer bag and the only thing I didn't like was the dark interior. I might check this one out.

Thanks for the post,
Marcy

amyslazyk
04-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Marcy,

I got the blue one too! The interior is a greenish/yellow color (which I think looks great with the blue). My husband LOVES Patagonia stuff and their clothing and gear is very durable. I think this one should last with at least a couple of babies:)

Have a great weekend!
Amy

etwahl
04-03-2004, 09:11 AM
can you use as a messenger bag? truly? the loom was supposed to be that, but it's strap is way too short for me (5'7")

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

parkersmama
04-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Amy, don't you know that if you keep hanging out here, you'll never be satisfied with just one diaper bag for a couple of babies?! LOL! That's what happened to me! I was a sworn Lands' End gal through two babies but then happened over here and several diaper bags later... ;)

redhookmom
04-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Here is the link:

http://www.patagonia.com/za/PDC?OPTION=PRODUCT&merchant_rn=7385&cgrfnbr=124577&sku=48128&ws=false

It is so tempting... Thanks for the review. I am thinking ahead until Mother's Day.

amyslazyk
04-03-2004, 05:37 PM
The strap was way too long for me...I'm about 5'5"; so i shortened it to a more comfortable length and definitely use it to put across my chest...the other ones just kept slipping off my shoulder; they have a great return policy so you could try it out!!!!!

Hope this helps!

Mason's Mommy