PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of Skip Hop

Dscvrlifewith3
04-03-2004, 05:35 PM
I actually had a dream the other night I bought the Skip Hop. I got a red one in the dream. So, is there going to be another coop or special for them? Count me in if there is.

ppshah
04-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Kim they now have a red one in corduroy!!!

check it out:

http://www.babybox.com/skhopcodibag2.html

Otherwise, you can get one at babyage.com for $50 with free shipping and 4% rebate through ebates. Which works out better than the recent co-op.

I'm still wavering on this bag.

Smiles81
04-03-2004, 10:09 PM
I want to get a skip hop but can't decide between the canvas or corduroy fabric. Has anyone seen both? Is one better than the other or is the difference just based on taste? Is the corduroy to wintery?
TIA
Smiles81

smomom
04-05-2004, 09:40 AM
I actually have both of them on the way. I ordered the red canvas from baby age and then realized that babybox had the corduroy. For some reason I have always been a corduroy fan, so I thought I would give it a shot too. I'll only be keeping one. They are both due to arrive tomorrow night so I'll post a review as soon as I can.

lmariana
04-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Let us know what you think about that new corduroy! I'm really intrigued!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

DebbieJ
04-05-2004, 11:23 AM
I ordered mine from Baby Box over a week ago and STILL have not received notice that it has shipped. I emailed them and got no response.

Those of you who ordered earlier, how long did it take? This seems excessive to me.

~ deb
mommy to brendan 12/7/03

robmab719
04-05-2004, 11:46 AM
I ordered mine from BabyBox and it took forever. I think I ordered on 3/12 and finally received it on 3/23. I'm not sure why they are so slow...it says on the site that the SkipHops are available and ready to ship within 24 hours.

smomom
04-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Hmmmm... weird. I ordered mine Thursday evening, April 1. According to UPS it will be here tomorrow (Tue, April 6). I wonder if it's only certain colors that take so long maybe??? I ordered red.

lmladuke
04-05-2004, 12:27 PM
For posters who actually have a skip hop - do you tend to use it more hanging on your stroller, or wearing it? Is it a more sleek alternative to a backpack?

Lori

mattysmom
04-05-2004, 12:29 PM
what's great is that the skip hop works so well as both! we brought it to disney and I wore it on the rides, etc, but then attached it to the stroller for walking around, etc. It's not bulky as a messenger bag and everything seemed easily accessible.

ginamlee
04-05-2004, 10:29 PM
I agree with mattysmom. It works GREAT on the stroller and GREAT as a messenger bag. I do think it is a more sleek alternative to a backpack, but I'm not a backpack person so my opinion might not count. The Skip Hop has been among my best diaper bag purchases, and it rates #1 for true versitility!

DebbieJ
04-06-2004, 03:27 PM
I ordered my red SkipHop on 3/26. I got an order confirmation, but nothing about shipping yet. I emailed Baby Box on 4/2 and have yet to receive a reply!

I want my bag!!!

~ deb
mommy to brendan 12/7/03

lstef plus2
04-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Just had to jump in and say that I also LOVE my Skip Hop. I have used it on strollers, shopping carts and as a messanger bag--All work GREAT.

I also ordered from Babybox--received order within 4 days, but no shipping e-mail or answer to my e-mail inquiring about shipping.

I have the courdory in Black. Don't know why I picked it over the canvas, I guess to have a different bag, I like it a lot and seems to be a bit "dressier" if yu know what i mean. But, it does attract the lint...I have to be careful where I place the bag.

Now, I am thinking of ordering another one in canvas.....